If I may...

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: If I may...

Post by pariah »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:26 pm
I guess in general, Whatmore has basically been living off that SL success for far too long with nothing much else to show.
:lol: How does he get away with strangely and increasingly saying the exact same things I was lambasted for?

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: If I may...

Post by jaybro »

Whatmore was instrumental in the initial rise of Bangladesh cricket, don't forget he was coach when they won their first test match

he also coached them through the 2007 WC where they beat India & South Africa

He was also the coach when they upset Australia

I find it hard to see where all the negative comments about Whatmore come from one must remember the facts of his tenure for Zimbabwe

Lost his best batsman BT after the WC

Lost his best bowler Chatara after the WC

Drew a t20 series with India

Won ODI matches against New Zealand & Pakistan

Won an ODI series against Ireland

Drew 2 x t20 series against BD in BD

It was the 4 consecutive series defeats to Afghanistan that cost him his job along with the t20 WC failure.

One must also remember during both of the series against Afghanistan Zimbabwe had plenty of injuries missing players like Williams, Ervine & Cremer for large parts of the tours.

Whatmore has never really taken control of a 'power house' nation like India or Australia as he prefers to work with smaller nations and tries to help develop them.

One thing Whatmore is great at doing is installing self belief in his players, it's no coincidence that most of Zimbabwe's batsman scored heavily under his guidance.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement