System failure behind fast bowling woes

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: System failure behind fast bowling woes

Post by jaybro »

pariah wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:56 am
eugene wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:51 am
Pariah's idea that Panyangara has been pushed out by the coaches is a myth.
L.S wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:14 am
Yes I also heard from Robin Brown the other day, and he said he couldn’t wait to tell Panyangara that he wasn’t needed.
NB: Zimbabwe's domestic cricket is centralised i.e. Provincial not Franchise anymore!!!
Still waiting for the reason why Panyangara couldn’t change sides ???
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:13 am
pariah wrote:
eugene wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:51 am
Pariah's idea that Panyangara has been pushed out by the coaches is a myth.
L.S wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:14 am
Yes I also heard from Robin Brown the other day, and he said he couldn’t wait to tell Panyangara that he wasn’t needed.
NB: Zimbabwe's domestic cricket is centralised i.e. Provincial not Franchise anymore!!!
It's right in front of your eyes. How many times must you keep missing it? :?

pariah

Post by pariah »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:08 am
Pariah, panyangara has wanted out for a while. A year ago he emailed wanting to play for my friends club. He’s been trying to move to oz for a while.
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:09 am
He was even on a cricket exchange website publically wanting a club
So every employee who applies for another job must be fired? :?

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

pariah wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:09 am
jaybro wrote:
May be you can explicitly point that to us novices?

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

pariah wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:45 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:08 am
Pariah, panyangara has wanted out for a while. A year ago he emailed wanting to play for my friends club. He’s been trying to move to oz for a while.
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:09 am
He was even on a cricket exchange website publically wanting a club
So every employee who applies for another job must be fired? :?
No, but most good managers identify an employee who has already mentally resigned himself to a future role.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

pariah wrote:
It's right in front of your eyes. How many times must you keep missing it?
#buyingtime

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

pariah wrote:
jaybro wrote:
pariah wrote:

Spell it out for me chump
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

pariah

Post by pariah »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:01 am
pariah wrote:
jaybro wrote:
May be you can explicitly point that to us novices?
How many times must I tell you the same thing??? :?

The system is now centralised and the current MD set it all up before he took up the post!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe/co ... 61019.html
In March, ICC CEO David Richardson and chief financial officer Faisal Hasnian visited Zimbabwe and recommended a series of cost-cutting measures including reducing the number of franchises and cricketers on contract. Now it appears ZC are implementing some of those measures as they look to reach stable ground which enable them to fulfill their international obligations.

Zimbabwe Cricket (ZC) and its franchises will contract 55 players for the 2014-15 season, which will also see a shrinking of the domestic game. While 15 central contracts have been awarded and 40 domestic players will be signed up, the number of franchises has been cut from five to four with the Southern Rocks the team to have been dissolved.
Of course you know that the Franchise system was completely scrapped and Provincial brought in place.

In simple terms, a bowler of Panyangara's quality should never have been out of contract. To lose your central contract, then also lose your provincial contract was a centralised decision! I have already told you that Panyangara has already played for every franchise in ZIM and at his age and class should never have had to uproot his life to earn recognition while inferior "Rising Stars" and Jarvis are being brought back at big money with guaranteed play time!

NB: *Never happened! :roll:

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Just because you write something in red, in bold, doesn't mean that it is a fact. How is the fact that the management of franchises was centralized a proof that Panyangara was treated to closed doors at all franchises? No conclusive evidences to anything close to that. We don't even know if Panyangara knocked on the doors of other franchises at all. If he assumed what you stated here and did not even try, who is to blame? In any case, it is clear that he wanted a different experience and is enjoying that with a bit of money too.

Look, most people here rate Panyangara as an honest tryer for most of his career, with a cricketing brain and one who maximzed his talent. So too with Vusi, who had great hand-eye co-ordination and some mouth watering stroke play. But to deify them to be Malcolm Marshall and Don Bradman and then crying foul when others respond is utter nonsense. When you see people mocking Vusi and Panyangara and their stats, it is more in reaction to your claims that are on the hyperbole at the other end of the spectrum (and you know that). Do a favor to those two guys and let them lead their normal lives.

pariah

Post by pariah »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:23 pm
Just because you write something in red, in bold, doesn't mean that it is a fact. How is the fact that the management of franchises was centralized a proof that Panyangara was treated to closed doors at all franchises? No conclusive evidences to anything close to that. We don't even know if Panyangara knocked on the doors of other franchises at all. If he assumed what you stated here and did not even try, who is to blame? In any case, it is clear that he wanted a different experience and is enjoying that with a bit of money too.
This is th eproblem that I face. Even in the face of facts you still argue. How much more factual does one need to get?

It's silly to argue otherwise. Just recently the MD and Chair confirmed cash shortages, and the Finance boss wrote a letter to staff, and players about delays/non-payment. That's centralised!!!

Panyangara was on a central contract, not a provincial one. In fact, once Franchises ended, Provincial setup came in and ZC directly employed the players. When Panyangara loses a central contract automatically he was entirely without contract. Only a limited number of players were on ZC contracts. On average about 8 players per side(now including the RS) is contracted excluding national players. Of those few, which player's contract in another Province should have been cancelled to accomodate Panyangara when Robin Brown and his Province exercised their powers rubber stamped by National to terminate/exclude Panyangara?

Do the math!!!

This is precisely one of the reasons why I told you the RS side idea(plus their UK trip) was an absolute waste.

Even without a leg to stand on you still seek to oppose what I put forward. I've said this countless times, and posted articles for you to get how the structure works but you don;t get it.

You want Panyangara - in all his class and experience - to settle for a limited contract that a Gerald Aliseni rejected? Nonsense man!!! :roll:
When you see people mocking Vusi and Panyangara and their stats...
It's because they dislike them for their own personal reasons. Nothing to do with me. It's crazy to even intimate that an adult's reasoning is shaped by my convictions.