Zimbabwe Domestic T20 3rd - 9th of March

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Pat_Bee

Re: Zimbabwe Domestic T20 3rd - 9th of March

Post by Pat_Bee »

Donald wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:02 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:10 pm
Burl not the first to have ‘words’ with Naqvi this season.

His arrival has certainly ruffled some feathers.
He needs to be careful or he will end up the Kevin Pietersen of zimbabwe cricket. We need unifiers in the dressing room despite his talent this does not bode well.
The best player we ever had and would have broke all kinds of records if not for his abrasive personality? :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ok more info coming in. I don't usually bring up player issues because it's often counter productive, but I've messed up already so in for a penny.
First issue WAS over the Curran Masvaure selection.
That's an interesting one, means Naqvi wants a big say and I'm assuming captains have a big say.
Does Naqvi know more than management about high level cricket? That's a yes for me.
Second one was over bowling changes. Masvaure wanted to bowl, then according to my source there was a rift amongst the players over this with Prince in the midst. Barely making the team and then making noise about bowling is a bit presumptuous. I'm not sure whether Antum had left the field by then and it was Burl in the firing line?
This was what caused Antum to leave the post match discussion in a huff. It would be fair to assume there was a racial undertone, always a safe play. If the captain is leaving in a huff he probably doesn't have the backing of the coach and the manager. That's my read.

I'm not sure if it's a big issue or it's been resolved. Usually these things are issues that have simmered and then spill over.
Last edited by Googly on Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I think in that Eagles game Chamu made a critical mistake.
He bowled Marshall and Bones those extra two overs that Tony blitzed. He should have seen that coming and gambled TK and Hamza then with an over each. Key moments are hard to recognise mid game. That was the game changer. Two quiet overs then would have gotten that run rate over 12.
He then made a good decision to bowl himself because he saw spin wasnt working and got the key wicket, but then bowled an extra over. I'd have also backed him to bowl that extra one but it didn't go well.
Chivanga for me is the type of guy that needs to be told what to bowl when it gets tight. You can't leave him to his own devices. Back of a length off cutters, especially on that OH pitch is tough to get away. He doesn't seem to have that in his arsenal. His body language at the end there was one of resignation. I'm not dissing him, he's a great asset and fiery as hell, but he needs to bowl smarter.
I saw Craig talking to him, but after 2 shit deliveries. That's a day late and a dollar short in a tight game. You have to be proactive and not reactive. That Eagles team capitulated there when the game could still have been retrieved.
I've never seen a good captain since the Flower and Campbell days. BT was OK in bursts but he didn't have the change room. I think Myers was a sharp captain as a junior and he's got potential, but has to become an established player first. I've never paid attention to how Knackers captains, but my guess is he's good.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Antum out of this match and both masvaure and Curran playing.

Curran with 35 today. I feel a durham rematch on the cards tomorrow.

Googly

Post by Googly »

If Lady Antumbellum has a torn tricep it's a massive injury.
I would have really liked to have seen him against Durham.
Hes a good player of that there's no doubt.
I'm starting to really like the dude :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

He has shaken things up. Doesn't know you have to tiptoe around certain issues and doesn't really need to take crap from anyone. Thats a good thing. Our franchise has the same old heads, the same old coaches and management playing musical chairs and we're treading water.
We need new faces, new ideas and we need meritocracy and not seniority at all levels. If you take your foot off the pedal hang up the boots and fekk off.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Big score set by Rhinos. I'm backing Munyonga to do well.
Hes in good form. He's always been decent but I think he's gone up a notch. Bowls cleverly as well.

Donald

Post by Donald »

I like the fact they promoted Musikewa to number 5. Semi came off today with some big hits and he clearly has something to work with.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Mumba destroys Moors stumps.

Googly

Post by Googly »

PJ has had a rotten time