Zimbabwe Vs Namibia | ICC T20 Qualifier | 22 November 2023

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Namibia | ICC T20 Qualifier | 22 November 2023

Post by secretzimbo »

Googly wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:57 pm

This is disheartening man. Didn't expect this at all.
Why not?? We lost to this side 3 weeks ago and all our guys have done since then is three training sessions in Harare.

It was entirely expected and we’ll continue to struggle.

ilovearsenal04
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by ilovearsenal04 »

How long is the drive from Harare to Windhoek? Lets send the whole castle corner there to spice things up!
The higher you go the cooler it becomes.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Googly wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:11 pm
TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:04 pm
Disaster. They have been taking qualifying for granted. If we don't make the world cup the people uptop are going to have serious meltdown and I honestly don't blame them. Whatever the other issues are there is absolutely no excuse for professional players to be performing like this
Pretty sure they're doing their best, theyre not trying to lose, but it will be tempting for the hierarchy to send nasty messages.
I did mention this pitch preparation last time. They should have prepared specifically for this pitch.

Surely there has to come a point where we have to hold players accountable. Weren't people saying one of the Namibians had to request for time off from work? The top players here are well looked after. It's their full time occupation but the preps were so relaxed. Somebody will take the fall for this if not all of them if we don't qualify. It's so obvious. Qualifying was one of the KPIs for the coaching staff firstly.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Naqvi getting a shout out on the stream :lol: :lol:

Need his green mamba sorted now.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

This happened with Bangladesh? Then Afghanistan, then Ireland and the Netherlands, now Namibia.

It's always ohh they are trying their best, then ohh the other team has gun players, then ohh we are par with them and finally... they are ahead of us. Having people with a losing mentality around for 15 years and this exactly what you will get.

I saw Ngarava post after the Namibia series this is sport and that it happens. That's what happens when you immerse yourself in a culture of defeat. Now look.. again..

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Total disaster. What this means is that we are in serious trouble because rain can play a part in taking away precious points from Zim. It can happen to others as well but losing any game in such a tight format is never good.

Googly

Post by Googly »

It seems clear also that the first 4 overs on these pitches will be tricky. Worth toning it down and not trying to go hard up front, waiting and building.

Of course players are accountable Taps. Prep was ok from what I heard. They're desperate to win, maybe too desperate. They all know whats riding on this, not least of which is some nastiness from head office who dont know a helluva lot. Arent a couple of them still on their own private cricket tour anyway?
What's the answer anyway? Put in guys you know are not half as good as the current guys?
Get a coach that screams and withholds allowances? That might work!
I did think they should have gone into camp a week earlier. They were sent to go and play 50 over franchise the first two weeks. That surprised me. I repeatedly mentioned that these pitch conditions were unique and that we should prepare net pitches and a centre wicket just like them and practice batting and bowling on them, but clearly they didn't think that was necessary.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Even the Irish commentator knows about Matt Welch :lol: yet he can't even get a franchise game. :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:25 pm
This happened with Bangladesh? Then Afghanistan, then Ireland and the Netherlands, now Namibia.

It's always ohh they are trying their best, then ohh the other team has gun players, then ohh we are par with them and finally... they are ahead of us. Having people with a losing mentality around for 15 years and this exactly what you will get.

I saw Ngarava post after the Namibia series this is sport and that it happens. That's what happens when you immerse yourself in a culture of defeat. Now look.. again..
The losing "culture" is simply because we don't have the depth of players and the system is largely broken.
If someone is going to scream at the existing players for that it's a diversion, in a perfect world the board would surely tender their combined resignations. Who's really at fault?

Googly

Post by Googly »

Don't lose sight of the fact that this Namibian side is pretty good. I think they could upset a few bigger teams in home conditions that they know very well.