T20 World Cup 2022 | 16th Oct - 13th Nov

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tej_27

Re: T20 World Cup 2022 | 16th Oct - 13th Nov

Post by tej_27 »

sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:23 am
Still no ICC Trophy for us since 2013. We are becoming the new NZL. Just enter the semis and get knocked out.
We were poor ..we won a very close game against Pakistan due to kohli's brilliance. And then were beaten by two top teams . Couldn't dominate the so called smaller teams as well.except zimbabwe probably

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

tej_27 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:49 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Still no ICC Trophy for us since 2013. We are becoming the new NZL. Just enter the semis and get knocked out.
We were poor ..we won a very close game against Pakistan due to kohli's brilliance. And then were beaten by two top teams . Couldn't dominate the so called smaller teams as well.except zimbabwe probably
Ya that's true, barely won against Bangladesh as well. Too much of hype for nothing.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Googly wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:30 pm
Ya Reggie is a good man.
Larry says Regis has told him he's 'going to continue playing for the national team' and it's not a goodbye but a 'see you a bit later'.

I call bullshit. He's 36 and he's moving his entire family to Aus. It sounds pretty permanent.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:41 pm

Ya that's true, barely won against Bangladesh as well. Too much of hype for nothing.
Barely, but also had to have the umpires favor to beat Bangladesh. There was Kohli's fake fielding, but also a an obvious wide not called in the final over of Arshdeep to Nurul. There was also Kohli's interference in a couple of no-ball calls which probably were no balls, but its a bad look for the integrity of the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:13 pm
Googly wrote:
Ya Reggie is a good man.
Larry says Regis has told him he's 'going to continue playing for the national team' and it's not a goodbye but a 'see you a bit later'.

I call bullshit. He's 36 and he's moving his entire family to Aus. It sounds pretty permanent.
He has gone. Moving to Moama in New South Wales, states that this will be his home for the next few years. Chance that he may play the 50 over World Cup Qualifiers but no domestic cricket for the rest of this season.

No way he can be selected after the fuss that ZC have made over insisting guys must play domestic cricket to be selected for the national side.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

zimfan1 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:41 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:13 pm
Googly wrote:
Ya Reggie is a good man.

He has gone. Moving to Moama in New South Wales, states that this will be his home for the next few years. Chance that he may play the 50 over World Cup Qualifiers but no domestic cricket for the rest of this season.

No way he can be selected after the fuss that ZC have made over insisting guys must play domestic cricket to be selected for the national side.
Ya as Googly said a few days ago.

But this 'I'm still available for the national team' and 'It's not goodbye forever' stuff is definite bullshit. I don't think we'll ever see him in a Zim shirt again.

I've been very sad about this for a few days now tbh :cry: He's been a great servant over many years, and has always given 100%. I wish him all the best anyway.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

If ZC want to make rules, they need to be consistent. Even though I disagree with it.

On a side note. So wonderful watching the Indians catch a nice hiding.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

sam_ahm wrote:
I've realised that Indian fans are quite fickle. I feel like a lot of the issues that India National Team have are purely because of how self-centred the BCCI are.

Banning Indian players from playing in other T20 leagues is one example. How can you expect your players to play in different conditions if you refuse them to do so. Hales has played for the Sydney Thunder and was so familiar with Adelaide Oval. He spoke about the ground in his post match interview like he was a local. Same can be said for Haris Rauf or Shadab Khan.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:55 pm

I've been very sad about this for a few days now tbh :cry: He's been a great servant over many years, and has always given 100%. I wish him all the best anyway.
Yeah sad no doubt, but Chakabva has been there for a long time, and done a job. That being said, I don't think he's irreplaceble. He was a liability in T20s, probably less so in ODIs (did play some handy knocks of late), and was a solid component of the Test side. Still, I think he can be replaced, although it may not always go smoothly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:49 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
I've realised that Indian fans are quite fickle. I feel like a lot of the issues that India National Team have are purely because of how self-centred the BCCI are.

Banning Indian players from playing in other T20 leagues is one example. How can you expect your players to play in different conditions if you refuse them to do so. Hales has played for the Sydney Thunder and was so familiar with Adelaide Oval. He spoke about the ground in his post match interview like he was a local. Same can be said for Haris Rauf or Shadab Khan.
Ya that's true, although I don't like the T20 Leagues at all, so I would rather not want them to get more popularity, but in reality I think this is bound to happen and indian players will eventually start playing in overseas leagues as well.

The expectations in India are huge, more so because unlike in the 90s, BCCI is now a cricketing powerhouse, we've got the best facilities, A tours, U19 Tours, packed FTP, and yet we've had nothing to show in terms of ICCs trophies in the last 9 years. So there is obvious disappointment.