Zimbabwe Vs Nepal | ICC CWC Qualifier | 18 June 2023

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: Zimbabwe Vs Nepal | ICC CWC Qualifier | 18 June 2023

Post by sam_ahm »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:18 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:20 pm
tej_27 wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:13 pm
Dutch still have a very decent bowling attack even after missing all of their key players . Need to win the toss again .and keep winning till the end of the cup :D
Haha... It's quite simple, isn't it? 😂

Netherlands game is very important, if Zimbabwe get through that we are basically looking at carrying forward at least 2 points in the Super Sixes because surely one of Nepal or Netherlands will qualify.
Counting the USA out already?

Once Ali Khan comes back, US could topple NED or NEP.

I thought Nepal had a golden chance to beat a Test nation today…but as it turns out there were 50 runs short.

NRR equation is super tight. The difference between WI and ZIM is less than 1 in 100.
I can't see USA making the Super 6 tbh. That will be a surprise.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

I think third spot is up for grabs in this group, and don’t be surprised if one of USA, Nepal or Holland steal a win from either Windies or Zim.

Nepal have shown they’re clearly a team on the up, so much talent and they’re so young.

USA have firepower up top with Taylor and up front with Ali Khan, plus they have a few other handy players in between.

And the Dutch of course can’t be written off, but the fact they’re missing so many opera probably brings them back to the pack a little.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:22 pm
Remember when Kriterion dismissed the fact Ervine was in top form 😁

That was funny
What I meant was at this stage in 2018 (ie after the opening game vs Nepal) - 2 batters had scored hundreds (Taylor, Raza) + 3 more that got starts with 20+.

This time around 2 guys with hundies (Ervine, Williams) + 2 more with starts (Gumbie, Wez).

You've said that the 2018 failrue was largely due to the batters being out of form...right now in this tournament, we're exactly where we were in 2018, almost to the T.

Thats why I had said "we'll see".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:10 am
jaybro wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:22 pm
Remember when Kriterion dismissed the fact Ervine was in top form 😁

That was funny
What I meant was at this stage in 2018 (ie after the opening game vs Nepal) - 2 batters had scored hundreds (Taylor, Raza) + 3 more that got starts with 20+.

This time around 2 guys with hundies (Ervine, Williams) + 2 more with starts (Gumbie, Wez).

You've said that the 2018 failrue was largely due to the batters being out of form...right now in this tournament, we're exactly where we were in 2018, almost to the T.

Thats why I had said "we'll see".
No no no, that’s not correct

Heading in to that tournament only Raz & BT were in any form coming out of the BD tri series and Afghanistan tour, and that extended into the CWCQ2018

Heading into this series all the big guns are in form and others like Gumbie & Kaia scored runs in the Shaheens series. Only Wes is heading in without many runs and he started to look good in that innings v Nepal.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement