ICC Under 19 World Cup 2020, South Africa : Other Matches [ Except Zimbabwe ]

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: ICC Under 19 World Cup 2020, South Africa : Other Matches [ Except Zimbabwe ]

Post by foreignfield »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:37 am
Is Dion Myers not white?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=364&p=105424&hilit=myers#p105421

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: ICC Under 19 World Cup 2020, South Africa : Other Matches [ Except Zimbabwe ]

Post by foreignfield »

TapsC wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:28 am
My biggest fear is the Proteas will start poaching any black kid who looks like they got talent from us. A very serious concern. It wont be that hard too. A paid scholarship. I don't know if it's the same for cricket but I know some rugby guys who got university scholarships in SA where it's free school,accommodation and they pay you. Yes they pay. More than what our domestic guys earn. That's how they will do it. Myers especially has to be given a Zim cap as soon as next month. Madhevere too. Just look at the way they got excited when they saw Mavuta
Thing with Myers is, his older brother already went to the UK to study. I think that's the more imminent danger as far as cricket is concerned (I will never argue against someone getting a better education).

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:37 am
Is Dion Myers not white?
White name.
Speaks white.
Does white things.
Rich family
But black as night.

Basically Carlton Banks of cricket.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

TapsC wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:28 am
My biggest fear is the Proteas will start poaching any black kid who looks like they got talent from us. A very serious concern. It wont be that hard too. A paid scholarship. I don't know if it's the same for cricket but I know some rugby guys who got university scholarships in SA where it's free school,accommodation and they pay you. Yes they pay. More than what our domestic guys earn. That's how they will do it. Myers especially has to be given a Zim cap as soon as next month. Madhevere too. Just look at the way they got excited when they saw Mavuta
I agree. Doesn’t get thought of enough (even by SA themselves) but it could be very appealing and part of the package could be flights back home to zim. What’s that. A 45 min flight?

I wish you could take over ZC with Googly second in command. Between you I think you’d sniff this shit out and get cricket back on track.both know your country on a street smart level. And a Black figurehead so stave off the racial politics !
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

The schools look to poach good black sportsmen, but I don’t think they usually get looked at at provincial level. Oddly enough Curtis and Booth got to play Natal Inland. Booth really believed he was going to make that u19 Proteas side, and probably should have but for the fact that he was pink.
I think Ruwizi may also have played some age group provincial cricket.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Googly wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:31 am
The schools look to poach good black sportsmen, but I don’t think they usually get looked at at provincial level. Oddly enough Curtis and Booth got to play Natal Inland. Booth really believed he was going to make that u19 Proteas side, and probably should have but for the fact that he was pink.
I think Ruwizi may also have played some age group provincial cricket.
Mupariwa and another guy actually played for the KZN u17s and u19s. Wonder how that happened because they have looked just OK in Zim

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

19th January 2020

Group A : IND U19 VS SL U19

Scorecard : https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/836 ... up-2019-20

Group C : PAK U19 VS SCO U19

Scorecard :
https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/836 ... up-2019-20

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

If BD beats Scotland today, we're virtually through to the QFs where we will likely face Afghanistan or South Africa. So unless we choke yet again, we should be a lock for the semifinals. Bangladesh can beat any team in this tournament, except India (who we did manage to beat in England last summer, and came within 5 runs of at the Asia Cup final), so I really hope that someone else knocks India out this tournament.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:18 am
If BD beats Scotland today, we're virtually through to the QFs where we will likely face Afghanistan or South Africa. So unless we choke yet again, we should be a lock for the semifinals. Bangladesh can beat any team in this tournament, except India (who we did manage to beat in England last summer, and came within 5 runs of at the Asia Cup final), so I really hope that someone else knocks India out this tournament.
Afghans have very good record against Bangladesh & Pakistan at Under 19 level :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

West Indies look sharp. I’m surprised they’re not in this Over 50’s WC that’s being played in Cape Town though.