Match Thread: 3rd T20 Zimbabwe v Bangladesh (7th May 2024)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Saint_Mel

Re: Match Thread: 3rd T20 Zimbabwe v Bangladesh (7th May 2024)

Post by Saint_Mel »

I just hope we can get to the point were people realise that bringing 2 to 3 new players into the squad for every new series is not going to change fact that this team will be terrible for a long time because of the structural issues that have plagued the sport in Zimbabwe for over 20 years.
Last edited by Saint_Mel on Wed May 08, 2024 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Googly wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 5:56 am
Dirk Viljoen's story was that he believes red ball is the basis of T20. That's way too simplistic.
Ya this quite annoyed me greatly in that interview he did. It’s an outdated view and it’s a view that literally every single person in Zimbabwe (incorrectly) holds and is the reason we spend 5 months of our season playing red ball and 5 days playing T20.

We are terrible at this format. We need a really quite radical change in our approach to the format at all levels and saying ‘red ball is the basis’ is really dated to me.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Pat_Bee wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 5:54 pm
They should throw the war chest at Tawanda. Tell him the past is all water under the bridge and shizz. Suits their selection policy more than luring Eddie Byrom or that Cartwright guy and scores us a promising bat.

Kid can’t even get in the Kent side and the ECB are only interested in the boxes he’d tick for them post Rafiq chatting nonsense.

Ya munyonga has potential.
Rafiq wasn't chatting nonsense. Jahid Ahmed - the lone County player of Bangladeshi descent had similar stories of tremendous hostility towards Asians/Muslims in the county circuit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XNMlV50VzQ

Now, this might be difficult to fathom since as a [presumably] white person you've never experienced racism.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

I don’t know where Pat is from but to assume a white Person has never experienced racism, on a forum about Zimbabwe, is an interesting one.

Crastle_cog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Crastle_cog »

Been living in the west for some time now and I'd argue there's more racism against whites in the present day.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Crastle_cog wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 7:28 am
Been living in the west for sometime now and I'd argue there's more racism against whites in the present day.
You don't exactly have the strongest grip on reality my friend.

Crastle_cog

Post by Crastle_cog »

The racism allegations by these county players are bullshit though, us browns are more racist towards each other than any other white person can be :lol:

Crastle_cog

Post by Crastle_cog »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 7:31 am
Crastle_cog wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 7:28 am
Been living in the west for sometime now and I'd argue there's more racism against whites in the present day.
You don't exactly have the strongest grip on reality my friend.
Can say the same to you my fellow bengali liberal from the other side of the border, but it's all subjective.
Even if you take my statement as being further away from reality, it's very bold to suggest that white people don't experience racism.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Crastle_cog wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 7:34 am

Can say the same to you my fellow bengali liberal from the other side of the border, but it's all subjective.
You can say it, but can you prove it?

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 7:22 am
Pat_Bee wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 5:54 pm
They should throw the war chest at Tawanda. Tell him the past is all water under the bridge and shizz. Suits their selection policy more than luring Eddie Byrom or that Cartwright guy and scores us a promising bat.

Kid can’t even get in the Kent side and the ECB are only interested in the boxes he’d tick for them post Rafiq chatting nonsense.

Ya munyonga has potential.
Rafiq wasn't chatting nonsense. Jahid Ahmed - the lone County player of Bangladeshi descent had similar stories of tremendous hostility towards Asians/Muslims in the county circuit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XNMlV50VzQ

Now, this might be difficult to fathom since as a [presumably] white person you've never experienced racism.
The nonsense was him claiming racism cost him England selection. He averaged 40 with the ball and 20 with the bat in red ball, simply not good enough in either discipline to be picked ahead of say Moeen Ali or Samit Patel back in the day.