Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Mr Twig

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by Mr Twig »

sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:12 pm
Officially released now by ZC. Very good schedule from now on until July, where we will see if Zimbabwe finally manage to qualify for a world cup.

One thing I'm very happy about is that throughout this period where Zim did not have international games, they have had a solid domestic season, I mean that is the least you can do and they've done atleast that. That's very good on Hamilton.
Yep, credit to ZC. Looks like a good preparation. It should be a good couple of months of competitive cricket and hopefully a confidence booster leading into the qualifiers.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

With such a busy schedule and others opting not to play club cricket in the UK, I wonder if Dion Myers might be thinking of coming back and playing during the Uni break. I hope he does. He could start off in Nepal to see if he still has it in him then join the national squad. Working with Lance Klusener for 4 months would do his game a lot of good.

You can't work as a professional sports person using a graduate visa so Zim is his only option if cricket is part of his plans.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

I highly doubt it.

Also can anyone please tell me what the point of studying 4 years for an 'agriculture degree’ is?!?! Especially in a foreign country and a different agriculture environment? I just think that sounds a monumental waste of time. Could spend 4 years learning on an actual farm instead, rather than in a lecture hall in england? happy to get him a job with my uncle as long as he promises to play cricket for Zimbabwe :lol:

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Reading on Twitter that Bangladesh series is almost certain to happen around July/August, and will include tests.

India will also tour Zimbabwe in August/September.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Looks like Theofilatos has found the future tours plan :lol:

The Bangladesh tests were cancelled last I heard a couple month ago, replaced by extra white ball games. Let's hope that has changed and they are back on, but I'd be surprised.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Why do ZC insist on leaking information through third parties? Surely just make an announcement through their formal channels?
His one post epitomises the problem here- "a really good effort by Zimbabwe."
Nobody expects Zim to win, just so long as it isn't a thrashing everyone is beaming with relief and they trot out the usual story- we're in a rebuilding phase. We've been rebuilding for 20 years and probably have until 2027 before the cricketing world gets bored of us rebuilding. The pyramids were built quicker.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 8:03 pm

The Bangladesh tests were cancelled last I heard a couple month ago, replaced by extra white ball games. Let's hope that has changed and they are back on, but I'd be surprised.
I think the only way we play those tests is if Afghanistan isn't coming back in December. Will be interesting to see what happens

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 8:03 pm

Yeah me too. That guy also mentioned the Australia tour is on the backburner but everything i've seen points to that tour going ahead as planned. We'll see.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Yes guys, this information can't be completely relied upon unless confirmed, but with regards to India tour I have read it on local websites as well that it is very much on India's FTP and will happen before the Asia Cup.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Googly wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 12:12 am
Why do ZC insist on leaking information through third parties? Surely just make an announcement through their formal channels?
His one post epitomises the problem here- "a really good effort by Zimbabwe."
Nobody expects Zim to win, just so long as it isn't a thrashing everyone is beaming with relief and they trot out the usual story- we're in a rebuilding phase. We've been rebuilding for 20 years and probably have until 2027 before the cricketing world gets bored of us rebuilding. The pyramids were built quicker.
It is because of the Talent drain that continues to happen Googly, that's the reason Zimbabwe have always been in rebuilding phase.

ZC is the most to blame, no doubt, they have been poor, pathetic except for a brief period when Streak was the coach and Zimbabwe got back some of the lost talent, but that Streak story ended in the most unfortunate of ways.

Now in comparison, Hamilton is doing a slightly better job, and the team seem to have some direction, thay is just about it really.