PJ Moor

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
aydee

PJ Moor

Post by aydee »

Now we have been able to watch Moor open the batting in 5 consecutive games, what are everyone's thoughts?

In my opinion, it's been a pretty mixed bag from him. Clearly he can strike a long ball, and he has made several valuable contributions to the team's cause. However, he still appears extremely raw at this level. There have been several very soft dismissals, and he has also looked pretty shaky when the bowlers have got it right. Also, Afghanistan is far from the toughest attack he will encounter in his international career.

Very much worth persisting with though, as he has outperformed the other young batsmen who have been trialed recently (Chari, Mutombodzi), and appears to posses a promising power game. However, I don't think he has looked good enough at this stage to guarantee that he will be a mainstay at international level.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: PJ Moor

Post by jaybro »

Agree with every word you typed there, I think he is worth persisting with but maybe as a keeper / middle order batsman ......
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

aydee

Post by aydee »

jaybro wrote:Agree with every word you typed there, I think he is worth persisting with but maybe as a keeper / middle order batsman ......
Not a bad idea. He definitely provides an option with the gloves. Openers have been in such short supply though...

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

aydee wrote:
jaybro wrote:Agree with every word you typed there, I think he is worth persisting with but maybe as a keeper / middle order batsman ......
Not a bad idea. He definitely provides an option with the gloves. Openers have been in such short supply though...

Chamu
Hami
Ervine
Williams
Raza
Moor w/k
Chigs

What you think ??
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

jaybro wrote:Agree with every word you typed there
+1

I got my first proper look at him today, and he definitely needs to cut down on his flat-footed wafting outside off. For now he's earned the right to stay where he is.

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

I think you are being too harsh here ,I think he did a fantastic Job given the situation,his come back has been more fruitful than what we saw in Bangaladesh.
I see him improving with more games,and he seems to play for the team not wasting balls.

aydee

Post by aydee »

zimlover wrote:I think you are being too harsh here ,I think he did a fantastic Job given the situation,his come back has been more fruitful than what we saw in Bangaladesh.
I see him improving with more games,and he seems to play for the team not wasting balls.
He did do a good job, and scored some crucial runs. I'm just thinking more about his long term prospects, both within this side, and in international cricket. Without doubt he has been one of Zim's best in this particular series.

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

aydee wrote:
zimlover wrote:I think you are being too harsh here ,I think he did a fantastic Job given the situation,his come back has been more fruitful than what we saw in Bangaladesh.
He did do a good job, and scored some crucial runs. I'm just thinking more about his long term prospects, both within this side, and in international cricket. Without doubt he has been one of Zim's best in this particular series.
A very good prospect for Zim I will take a PJ any day than a Brain chari
Even Waller has looked at sea with this Afg bolwing.
Hami has been good but with his experience and exposure its some what substandard.
Clap hands for PJ he should be given a farm actually for being patriotic

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I think we should leave him opening. We have middle order guys as it is.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly

Post by Googly »

Flat footed wafting outside off.
Haha. Maybe you know your cricket? Exactly what he does and it's unnecessary. He's got lots of ability though.