My view on things...

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: My view on things...

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

TapsC wrote:I have been reading this forum for months now but only recently registered. My opinion as a true fan of ZC is that all these extra games we are playing have exposed our team badly as we were not used to seeing our team losing every month. We were just used to a few months cricket after which we would have 4 months to get over the losses.

To be honest the pressure is on the players now. We can blame the board all we want but we cannot lie and say they haven't done anything. More games are being played even for the A team, Makhaya and Marvin(hopefully) are coming to help Dav and the last game Elton was dropped.

I feel we are 60% there. What we need is to play our best combinations, something we have not done for ages. For example I feel if we get Panyangara, Chatara and Cremer playing together our bowling would be much more threatening in ODIs. As for the batting the boys need confidence, the experience is there but the constant playing in spin friendly conditions is killing chamu raza chigs vusi and hami who are more comfortable playing Pace. only ervine and williams can play spin comfortably.

As for 2016 I say firstly let's see how Bangladesh performs when they play in Zim. we can't deny they are almost world class in their own conditions.Not saying we will beat them comfortably but we should improve. secondly let's see how Afghanistan fares in the Asia cup, something tells me we are actually underestimating how good they are.Also I feel we should stop making spin friendly pitches at home when our batters struggle against spin. we were much more competitive at the world cup because of the batter and pace friendly wickets. I know some of u will say well opposition batters will just cream our bowlers but guys we have to try something different. if we work on our death bowling then I believe we could compete on those type of wickets.let's not forget our boys were the most economic team in the first 10 at the world cup if I remember right. finally let's play the west indies and Sri Lanka, hopefully at home. Something tells me we might actually be close to the level of those 2 teams, especially the west Indian test team.

Let's not completely lose hope guys. this is a sport we all love and there is a danger we could lose it. we don't want that, the players don't want that and trust me even this board does not want that because it feeds their families and this is why they are bringing in coaches and organizing more cricket. hopefully they can also bring back some overseas based players. someone like Sean ervine who if I read correctly signed a 3 year deal in 2013 so it should expire this year. don't know if he signed another one. Solomon Mire too , I genuinely saw some raw talent in that lad. to me he is a stronger, faster and more mature version of Luke Jongwe
I don't know you and you probably don't know me.

Buy you my friend, have made a grand entrance worthy of WWE wrestling/John Cena.

Right on the money. Made me think. Although in not so sure I agree with you on Craig Ervines mastery of the spinning wicket.

Where are you from?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Last edited by TapsC on Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

TapsC wrote:@ZIMDOGGY thanks mate. I am just a normal zim fan studying in the UK. Got no inside scoop or connections to anybody. Did go to the same high school as a few of the lads who are on Kolpak deals today.

you are probably right about Craig but at least he can play a decent sweep shot unlike most of them
Where are you situated in the UK, and where you studying

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Welcome to ZCF TapsC

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Last edited by TapsC on Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

TapsC wrote:thank you @jemisi

@sloandog was by oxford Brookes for undergrad moving to Manchester for my masters in a couple months
:lol: :lol: I live in Manchester, but studying in Birmingham.