U15 World Cup - West Indies in April/May

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

U15 World Cup - West Indies in April/May

Post by maehara »

Here's a new tourney for the international schedule - an 'unofficial' Under-15 World Cup, which this year will be held in the West Indies between 19 April & 4 May. Full details at CricketEurope, but Zimbabwe are one of the countries slated to be "definitely" taking part. Draw for the group stage of the tourney will take place on Saturday (16th Feb).

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: U15 World Cup - West Indies in April/May

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Teams are: Pakistan, Bangladesh, Holland, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Ireland, Americas Development XI (Bermuda/Canada/Cayman Islands/Bahamas combined)

I don't claim to know much about this tournament, but I assume it is very much an unofficial event, so perhaps ZC won't be selecting the teams. If this is the case, it could well be that St John's U15 team plus a couple of other top players from around the country will make the trip. If so, and the team is picked on merit rather than quotas, Zimbabwe would definitely have to be favorites, or maybe 2nd behind Pakistan.

Kopje
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: U15 World Cup - West Indies in April/May

Post by Kopje »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:Teams are: Pakistan, Bangladesh, Holland, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Ireland, Americas Development XI (Bermuda/Canada/Cayman Islands/Bahamas combined)

I don't claim to know much about this tournament, but I assume it is very much an unofficial event, so perhaps ZC won't be selecting the teams. If this is the case, it could well be that St John's U15 team plus a couple of other top players from around the country will make the trip. If so, and the team is picked on merit rather than quotas, Zimbabwe would definitely have to be favorites, or maybe 2nd behind Pakistan.
With a few Falcon College and Peterhouse lads.....