I Am Calling it a Day

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
bayhaus
Supports: Mountaineers

I Am Calling it a Day

Post by bayhaus »

I once went on a sabbatical but I am calling it a day on the forum, I have enjoyed being a part of the discussions on ZCF and enjoyed the various opinions and insights of the members both popular and unpopular. I didnt get to watch the last match on saturday, I logged into cricinfo and the score was 97/7 and I asked myself if all this was worth it? I am moving on and will still support Zim cricket when they play but I think I have said enough! Will still comment on games but only on my twitter account. To the admins who have kept this going thank you for your sterling work and passion!
POVOAfrika = Arts + Culture + Sustainability
Follow on Twitter
My Blog

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: I Am Calling it a Day

Post by eugene »

Sorry to see you go. The constant losing and gradual decline is indeed tough to take.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

sad to see you go but deep down i know no one stays retired on this forum.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

bayhaus

Post by bayhaus »

ZIMDOGGY & eugene it has been a pleasure, even retired old hags still come to games to watch the team play without participating! ;)
POVOAfrika = Arts + Culture + Sustainability
Follow on Twitter
My Blog

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Take care mate, it's been a pleasure. You're one of the old boys life myself on the forum, sad to see you go.

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

We'll miss your insights, but well, not many might feel like sticking around in the increasingly negative atmosphere. I had a couple of mini hiatuses myself, and a longer one might not be a bad idea given that long terms members like you are going away...

eugene

Post by eugene »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:We'll miss your insights, but well, not many might feel like sticking around in the increasingly negative atmosphere. I had a couple of mini hiatuses myself, and a longer one might not be a bad idea given that long terms members like you are going away...
I am still here. What more reason do you need to stay?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

eugene wrote:I am still here. What more reason do you need to stay?
and also the lure of hitting 50 in the photo quiz... :D

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I'm not really sure why people feel the need to quit supporting Zimbabwe, is the toll of loosing really that much?

Sure I get down after setbacks like these and I take a few days away from forum but surely we have bigger concerns in life?

Supporting Zimbabwe is an enjoyable past time of mine but I guess if it's not longer enjoyable I'd quit too .......
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

eugene

Post by eugene »

The losing would be easier to take if there were hope of improvement. The problem is that for the last 15 years things have only been getting worse. I remember ten years ago fearing that we would be battling it out with associates, and well this has turned out to be true. In the 90s we were on an upward trend, now it is all downhill.