Building a brand new team- thoughts

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jimbo

Building a brand new team- thoughts

Post by jimbo »

Sibanda masakadza chigumbura chibhaba and Williams have all been playing at the highest level for over ten years. Is it time to relieve them of their duties and usher in some new players. I'm talking Malcolm lake James Bruce and peeps like mashinge and ngarava. Obviously burl comes into the equation when he is fit. Only cremer Ervine and madziva and chatara I would keep and build the team around them as they have proven to be matchwinners over the past few years

Kriterion_BD

Re: Building a brand new team- thoughts

Post by Kriterion_BD »

I had singled out Hamilton long ago, was about the only one. He neither has the class or the mental strength to succeed at the highest level. An average of 25 across formats over a 15 year career against non-minnows highlights that point perfectly. True, a guy like Sibanda or Chigumbura averages closer to 20, but that doesn't mean Hamilton is a match-winner. Just means he averages 5 more than those masters of mediocrity.

Cremer, Chatara, and Ervine are the only guys who should stay on at this point. Madziva is the bowling version of Hamilton. Chakabva is a shoe in for the Test side. Bring in the Ives, the Synders, the Burls, the Magariras, and the Ngaravas. Even if they only win 1 out of 11 games vs India's 3rd string side at home, they've done better than the current lot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

gargamel
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by gargamel »

No problem with a new squad but please do not Rate Ngarava please he i overrrated and over hyped. Not that good so many ahead of him im now on an official anti Ngarava campaign
Rainbow Cricket Club First and Always

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

These kids you name have hardly played any first class except for Burl. I wonder what miracles they are supposed to work at the highest level. Just throw them in the deep end same as much of the current crop. Lets be realistic. ZC should just organize A'side games and let them cut their teeth first its the only way.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

gargamel
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by gargamel »

In agree with TAWAC the Aside should be where the future and fringe players should gather their international expirience. The truth is there arent many nations interested in touring Zimbabwe for revenue and competitive reasons.We need more FC games and have the academy back or some sort of Development side that allows the development of some of these guys after the under 19 WC they just get trampled by all the junk around the FC scene. I serioulsy think we could have a great fringe side that we drawn up a number of times.

I think Burl is ready this fear that we have on unleashing the kids has held us back as they are the catalyst for fresh energy and competition which is lacking.
Rainbow Cricket Club First and Always

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I think we can gamble on the bowlers..Ngarava Mashinge and Matigimu are actually faster than the current crop of bowlers out there right now.u can never really trouble talented batsmen bowling at 125kph. if u are bowling at that pace you should also contribute with the bat like chibhabha.

for me waller chigumbura masakadza panyangara and sibanda should be banished from this team. very ordinary players and the attitude shown by the likes of Elton is shocking..he owes his whole life to Zim cricket but doesn't seem to care about what happens.. ZC is very close to collapse from what I'm hearing. we could lose our sponsors and be broke within the next 2 months..something drastic needs to happen..the likes of bvute don't realize they would actually be able to make more money if Zim was winning games..true idiots.

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Zim A team to tour the world for 2 years

1. Dylan Nel 21

Probably will never return to ZC as he has started a job in SA. But would probably come back if given a solid A contract, top work ethic, thinks alot. Perfect opening batsman, and can also bowl decent leggies.

2. Nick Welch 18

A very talented young man. No doubt he would come back too if offerred the solid A contract. Aggressive and talented opener.

3. Ryan Burl 21

Extremely talented player, probably the most of the lot, struggles with injuries but could easily be our next star. Needs to work on his people skills however as he isnt a nice chap. Left arm bat and right arm leg spin.

4. Gary Chirimuuta 23

Had a great FC season and didnt even get rewarded slightly for it. He is solid and has a good balance of attack and defense. Knows his game well but likes to mess around too much outside cricket.

5. Malcolm Lake 21

A very good all rounder, well balanced. I think arrogance gets in the way of his decision making at times but he has the goods to be a top player. Aggressive left handed bat and pin point accuracy with his right arm pace.

6. Joylord Gumbie 21 (wk)

Another great talent. A wonderful guy and can scrap out a win for most teams. Nuggety little guy with loads of fight.

7. James Bruce 22

Still studying as a doctor but I watched in awe when he was still around. He used to send stumps flying at will and smashed huge shots everywhere. One to really get back. Left arm pace and bat. Big lad

8. Luke Jongwe 20

A village idiot who tries to be the most popular guy around but is actually so talented. Has raw pace with the ball and is extremely innovative with the bat. If he got his head out his backside he would be a good player.

9. Brandon Diplock 20

A good bowling all rounder that swings it in massively to a right hander and makes the left hander miss 9/10. More than capable with the bat as he has shown many times. Needs to get fitter. Big lad

10. Kuda Munyede 23?

A very skiddy left arm spinner who is very difficult to get away. Good arm ball and has succeeded in Bangladesh with the A team before.

11. Talent Munyoro 23

One of the best bowlers Ive seen in the country when his head is on. Left arm swing, speed and control form his armoury. Should be seeing alot more of him.

I would have put Bright Mugochi in there but I think he is in his late 20s now. Hes a fantastic player.

This team would do a job.

celsito

Post by celsito »

Zimbabwe cricket board has to think about this now they have to start with strong domestic season and at least 5 teams in domestic season. Organised well then players will have confidence and New players will come in. Black or white is just a colour we are all human beings :W:

watermelon

Post by watermelon »

It is time to get some of these talented white guys in the new strip, Keefe particularly. I am tired of watching guys like the Coke can and Sibanda constantly fail, let's face it, they would have never made the lineup to begin with if it weren't for quotas.

-watermelon.
<3 Jemisi rules <3

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

Apparently the guys were all in terrible form because they were tired after partcicipating in the Million man march recently held to support team G40