Stanbic Bank T20 Squads

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Stanbic Bank T20 Squads

Post by maehara »

Two corrections to the squad list received from ZC:

1) D Marillier is named in the Eagles squad, not S Marillier; and
2) Ian Harvey is named in the Rocks squad.

Robin

Post by Robin »

Surprised that the current round of Logan Cup matches were not used to give Doug Marillier and Blignaut some match practice.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Robin wrote:Surprised that the current round of Logan Cup matches were not used to give Doug Marillier and Blignaut some match practice.
Yeah that's what i thought. If these boys have a chance of making the cut for the West Indies tour, then surely they need as much match practice as possible to 1: Show the selectors wether they're up to international standards still, and 2: if they are, to get in some shape of form. Marriliar's been out of international action since 2003 against South Africa at the Oval.

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:From what I can see, Tuskers are precariously light on batting prowess, especially that of T20 mode. They would be the defending champions of sorts, as they were the erstwhile Westerns, but with this line up, I'm not too excited.

Or may be, just may be, Dabengwa might walk away with the Man of the Series award with trophy going to Tuskers :D
Aside Elton Chigumbura and perhaps (Stewart Matsikenyere?), Dabengwa has always seems to be able to generate runs far more easily that his teammates in the latter stages of a game. I will never forget the time he took 19 runs off Pakistan in the last over in 2008. If only he could learn to keep his wicket.
Yes, Eugene, he may surprise us all

jamthala
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by jamthala »

Hondo playing good news.
God Always Favors Brave Always