Keeping It Impersonal

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Keeping It Impersonal

Post by maehara »

I've noticed over the past few days that the tone of some posts here has taken a turn towards the nasty and, sadly, trollish - and that isn't the sort of atmosphere that has made ZCF the place it is.

Please think before you click Submit. If your message contains anything that could be taken as a personal attack: Stop, think about it, and rewrite it in another way. I'm as guilty of this as anyone else, I suspect, but I will be taking a harder line on such things in future.

Thanks.

jamthala
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: Keeping It Impersonal

Post by jamthala »

maehara wrote:I've noticed over the past few days that the tone of some posts here has taken a turn towards the nasty and, sadly, trollish - and that isn't the sort of atmosphere that has made ZCF the place it is.

Please think before you click Submit. If your message contains anything that could be taken as a personal attack: Stop, think about it, and rewrite it in another way. I'm as guilty of this as anyone else, I suspect, but I will be taking a harder line on such things in future.

Thanks.
i only give my views nothing else, :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :
God Always Favors Brave Always

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

This is about the only sporting forum I know that isn't full of personal abuse and people constantly arguing. It would be a shame if this forum went the same way.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

eugene wrote:This is about the only sporting forum I know that isn't full of personal abuse and people constantly arguing. It would be a shame if this forum went the same way.
Its the only sporting forum that sticks to the issues and have sensible debate construted upon veiws from people who really know about the game and have a big desire to see Zimbabwe rise again.

I just would like to make a plea to everyone that we just focus on the cricket not poltical or racial issues.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I'm as bigger culpri as anybody on the forum. I've just got a very short fuse on some views. I'll make a conscious effort to keep them at bay. My apologies Maehara. Though there's nothing wrong with expressing your views.

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

sloandog wrote:I'm as bigger culpri as anybody on the forum. I've just got a very short fuse on some views. I'll make a conscious effort to keep them at bay. My apologies Maehara. Though there's nothing wrong with expressing your views.
Just to be clear, I'm not trying to stop anyone from expressing their views - just pointing out that people should be able to do that without taking potshots at the people they disagree with.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Understood :)