What to do with Lamb and Utseya?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

What to do with Lamb and Utseya?

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Things have become ridiculously difficult as far as picking the 11 is concerned in WI now, with Lamb becoming a liability with bat who struggled to even make contact regularly and was always indecisive in running. But with the ball, he continues to shine. 10-2-23-1 was a top notch effort.

Utseya on the other hand has suffered in all the matches on the tour so far with the ball, and Gayle in particular has taken a liking to his bowling. Is it the lack of confidence induced by the "Blignaut Blitzkrieg"? we don't know. As far as captaincy goes, not bringing Price on earlier enough for the second spell was a crime, introduction of Mpofu and persisting with himself too were bad decisions. His batting hasn't been required as yet in the series, as we haven't suffered a collapse as such. But I would still like to believe that he is the No.1 off spinner in the country, ahead of Lamb, but Lamb scores on form.

What can be done for the next game with these two? At least, I am clueless...

pearl

Re: What to do with Lamb and Utseya?

Post by pearl »

i think we should bring jarvis and coventry in place of lamb and mpofu respectively.

StevenZim
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by StevenZim »

Nice to be back on the forum. Been busy with work lately
I think lamb should be dropped for coventry in game three.
Mpofu should of opened the bowling. before Gayle was set he could of done more damage
Does anyone know what radio station in the Caribbean is broadcasting the games?

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

StevenZim wrote:Does anyone know what radio station in the Caribbean is broadcasting the games?
KlasFM. Here's the link to their live stream.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Cant belive all the calls for Lamb to be dropped. If you look at the two innings he has had (not counting the first ODI) he has twice had to rebuild the innings after top order collapses and has been our best bowler after Price and seems to have the wood over Chanderpaul.

If Coventry comes in to the side then we will be a spinner short so what will that solve. I just cant understand why Matsikenyeri is not facing calls to be axed as he has failed in three innings.

Lamb is a revelation in the side from my view as he is a grafter with the bat and bowls useful overs.

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

To be very honest, Lamby disaapointed me a lot. He unfortunately reminded me of the last tour where Currans XI played to last 50 overs. In the last ODI, his only scoring shot was a missed catch by keeper. Our Cremer is a better fielder, spinner and batsman than him (remember his straight 6).
My priority is putting runs over the board first at St Vincent and for that we MUST, i repeat must play Coventry in place of Matsikenyari (easy to drop him after his horrendous sitter). Lamb should give way to Maruma (though i must admit Lamb bowled fabulously in first two but is he as a spinner in side?). Jarvis for Mpofu was my third change however Jarvis has gone back so my forced changes are Coventry for Matsi and Shingi for Mpofu (the lad deserves another chance) with Lamb being retained.
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Perhaps a full pronged spin attack :D

kingviv

Post by kingviv »

lamb can't bat sorry to say but he just can't....bowling is ok and remeber WI not the best at playing spin prosper has shown before against the best....
prosper is a bowler let him play as a bowler if he bowls crap yes drop him
lamb is abatter if he can't bat don't play him...if he bowls well great but thats not what he is selected for..

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Well lets face it. Utsea hasn't proved himslef against the big teams. If anything he's succeeded againt smaller countries like Kenya and Canada. But i think he can still do a job.....if he pitches it up !! When he drops short, it's just bread and butter. Lamb needs to prove himself with the bat. He looks weak at the point of contact, and there seems to be no solidity with his batting. Looks like his bowling will take care of itself though :D

jamthala
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by jamthala »

it is not possible to axe them. 8-)
God Always Favors Brave Always