Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by sloandog »

I'm going to be very honest here, and this is after having had a long sleep on the matter....this squad isn't actually all that bad. The only players who I don't think should be there are Nyumbu, Masvaure and Tiripano.

Chigumbura has shown in a few knocks that he still has that explosivity in him, Murray, Muzarabani, Burl, Mavuta, kamanuhamwke, Musakanda and Magarira are the youngsters we've all wanted in the squads for some time now, and Chari deserves his spot more than anybody.

Waller scored 60, Moor has dangerous ability if he gets going and Zuwaho is an out and out T20 cricketer.

It isn't a bad squad - but that isn't why people are pissed. There's clearly a lack of unification between the players, and because of this, arguably two or three of Zimbabwe's best ever ODI cricketers are not playing.

This better be sorted out for the 5 ODI's against Pakistan.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

We are badly missing Taylor and Cremer.

In t20s Raza and Williams less so and Ervine not so much

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

Jemisi wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:12 pm
We are badly missing Taylor and Cremer.

In t20s Raza and Williams less so and Ervine not so much
My believe is give the youngsters a chance
We were going to win the TriSeries with BT, Cremer in there
Raza has club cricket , let him play more exposure for Zim Cricket...Raza wants badly to play Odis against Pakistan , I support that...
Chibhabha & Chigumbura are on their last go round & if they fail in the TriSeries they are done with international cricket...

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Zero76 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:41 am
Playing in Australia in June, interesting. Would almost assume that the games would held way up north in Darwin and Cairns, kinda like what they did for SL and Bangladesh back in the day.
Yes all of Australia’s main cricket grounds are used for AFL during the winter so almost certainly they’ll play those games in Northern Territory or North Queensland.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/ ... d-Zimbabwe

That one-off Test in India next March seems to be on again?

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

3 Test series in Bangladesh this January. I hope ZIM can put their strongest team out for the tour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:56 am
3 Test series in Bangladesh this January. I hope ZIM can put their strongest team out for the tour.
As per present situation, Zimbabwe is the only solution for the "nagin" dancers, they can't even dare to face Afghanistan for a home series after getting humiliated in the recent series.
Robo to rule :oops:

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

The Robot wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:42 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:56 am
As per present situation, Zimbabwe is the only solution for the "nagin" dancers, they can't even dare to face Afghanistan for a home series after getting humiliated in the recent series.
Touché. But as long as they climb further up the world rankings in the two formats that matter, I’m not complaining. 😎
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Mr Twig wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:57 pm
Zero76 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:41 am
Playing in Australia in June, interesting. Would almost assume that the games would held way up north in Darwin and Cairns, kinda like what they did for SL and Bangladesh back in the day.
Yes all of Australia’s main cricket grounds are used for AFL during the winter so almost certainly they’ll play those games in Northern Territory or North Queensland.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/ ... d-Zimbabwe

That one-off Test in India next March seems to be on again?
To answer myself, no, the Test in India in March is all but cancelled. Apparently, India will now tour Zimbabwe for ODIs in March and the Afghan tour of Zim in 2019 has been pushed back to 2020?

https://pulse-static-files.s3.amazonaws ... AM_ZIM.pdf
Last edited by Mr Twig on Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Yeah Mehuli Sibanda said as much on Twitter

He’s very close to ZC so he always knows what’s going on
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Quite disastrous. Zimbabwe do not have much to look forward to next year then? Why are the Afghans not playing next year? They don't have much cricket scheduled either.