Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Marshmallow

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by Marshmallow »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:49 pm
Is Shaheens their ‘A’ side? They will trounce our A side but it’s all good experience for sure. Quite a few of our ‘A’ guys will be in the U.K. then though?

We are also sending an ‘A’ side to India in April , a as mentioned on other threads
Shaheens is their 'A' side.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Shame it’s not their actual side so there won’t be official ODIs, but hopefully ZC take advantage of this and actually play our best guys in the 50-over games at least.
Last edited by jaybro on Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Well I think this is a step in the right direction for the young players. Hopefully they can learn and improve. The issue which has already been raised is that a few might have UK club commitments but I'm sure they will work something out.

So far the select team have played the West Indies, 2 counties and the Dutch. So it's not too bad. That comfort they usually get from banging big scores against domestic bowlers is gone right now.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Yes, Shaheens is Pakistan's A side, and from what I can see it is a strong unit. Lots of youngsters in there, Ihsanullah is very quick and is one for the future, he had an amazing PSL.

I think this is proper preparation for the WCQ, so Zimbabwe might not play an 'A' side but the senior side itself unless they've got some other commitment. In any case this is a good move.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Whats the next international series for the national team? Is it the WCQ in June?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:43 pm
Whats the next international series for the national team? Is it the WCQ in June?
Seems that way, there were talks about a Pakistan series and possibly one v Namibia, but the Pakistan series is now their A-team and with Namibia now having to qualify for the main qualifier event, I'm not sure where that puts them.

There will no doubt be warm-up games prior to the event, but I think it's a big mistake not to have some proper matches in May or early June. I'm sure Dave will be pushing ZC to come up with something,

Looking at the FTP, Bangladesh, New Zealand and South Africa are all available during that time, ZC has decent relationships with those boards so hopefully they can organise something.

Evan a South Africa A team would be great preparation.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:03 am

Seems that way, there were talks about a Pakistan series and possibly one v Namibia, but the Pakistan series is now their A-team and with Namibia now having to qualify for the main qualifier event, I'm not sure where that puts them.

There will no doubt be warm-up games prior to the event, but I think it's a big mistake not to have some proper matches in May or early June. I'm sure Dave will be pushing ZC to come up with something,

Looking at the FTP, Bangladesh, New Zealand and South Africa are all available during that time, ZC has decent relationships with those boards so hopefully they can organise something.

Evan a South Africa A team would be great preparation.
3 months is way too long a break before such an important tournament. I think a series in Ireland right before could be a good idea. Could be a Bangladesh-Ireland-Zimbabwe tri series in May.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:27 am

3 months is way too long a break before such an important tournament. I think a series in Ireland right before could be a good idea. Could be a Bangladesh-Ireland-Zimbabwe tri series in May.
I think a home series is preferable so we can be more acclimatised to our conditions. We did that last time when we toured both Bangladesh & UAE (Afghanistan series) before the qualifiers.

Just need to convince one of those sides I mentioned to at least send a semi full strength side for a 3 match series. NZ haven’t toured since 2016 for ODIs so they’re due.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Well we are getting lights for HSC and there will be day-night matches in the qualifier. We could do with some practice under those conditions if possible. I think after Pakistan A there will be something.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:16 am
Well we are getting lights for HSC and there will be day-night matches in the qualifier. We could do with some practice under those conditions if possible. I think after Pakistan A there will be something.
Wow! That's good to know SZ. Although a day game suits Indian time perfectly, a D/N would mean late night finish for us.