Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by TapsC2 »

Probably got something to do with the pitches in Bulawayo. They always do that. So we should expect a spin friendly series or just flat decks :lol: . Going to be interesting to see the lineup after that. That West Indian pace attack would have been a bit too much on a cloudy Harare morning

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

The tour game will be very good too

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

We should pick about 8 spinners :lol: . Unless they are doing some work on it currently, the Queens pitch has been getting worse and worse.

Not much fun for Blessing/Ngarava/Chivanga/Evans unfortunately.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Also after these we don't have another Tests scheduled until mid-2024. These are very rare, marquee things - Tests should be at HSC whilst they are so rare.

And we are playing literally all the Logan Cup games in Harare so it's not like we are even giving ourselves any practice in the conditions.

I also highly doubt Queens can attract a bigger crowd than HSC for a Test.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Should have played the Ireland limited overs series in Byo and the Windies Tests in Harare.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:22 pm
Also after these we don't have another Tests scheduled until mid-2024. These are very rare, marquee things - Tests should be at HSC whilst they are so rare.

And we are playing literally all the Logan Cup games in Harare so it's not like we are even giving ourselves any practice in the conditions.

I also highly doubt Queens can attract a bigger crowd than HSC for a Test.
Actually there is a test series against Afghanistan in August as part of a full away tour of Afg (UAE) but I understand your point, these Afghans can back out anytime so we better not count on it.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:09 am
Actually there is a test series against Afghanistan in August as part of a full away tour of Afg (UAE) but I understand your point, these Afghans can back out anytime so we better not count on it.
Looks like the Afghans might get a taste of their own medicine with reports Australia are going to back out of a upcoming ODI tour.

The ways things are going with the Taliban in Afghanistan, I think they're going to struggle to remain an ICC full member.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Mr Twig wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:19 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Looks like the Afghans might get a taste of their own medicine with reports Australia are going to back out of a upcoming ODI tour.

The ways things are going with the Taliban in Afghanistan, I think they're going to struggle to remain an ICC full member.
Where did you read that?

Not surprising as the Aussies will do anything to avoid playing anyone else apart from India & England.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Yes that news is true, Australia are planning to scrap that series.

It is part of the WSL, but now since both the teams have qualified for the WC, it won't matter even if Australia forfiet those points.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:07 am
Mr Twig wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:19 am
sam_ahm wrote:

Where did you read that?

Not surprising as the Aussies will do anything to avoid playing anyone else apart from India & England.
Totally agree jaybro. It's amazing that the Zim tour of Australia went ahead, truth be told, given the lengths they go to do avoid playing minnows.

The Taliban are just a convenient excuse for CA to get out of a tour they have absolutely no interest in playing, just like COVID-19 was the excuse a few years ago. I actually find it kind of disturbing that CA use a legitimate issue (treatment of women by the Taliban) as cover because by doing so they are making a mockery of it. If it really was a moral stand then they wouldn't have played them during the T20 WC a few months ago.

With that said, I don't find the Afghanistan team endearing at all and my care factor about them is pretty low. If the ICC had a backbone they'd pull the pin on Afghanistan. Instead they'll probably give them a neutral flag and we can all go on pretending that the prevailing political and social attitudes in Afghanistan would certainly never trickle down into their cricket team :roll: