Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
AussieZimFan
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by AussieZimFan »

They could play a few games against whoever wins the play offs for the WCQ after they've left Namibia. It would benefit both sides

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:27 am
jaybro wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:03 am

Seems that way, there were talks about a Pakistan series and possibly one v Namibia, but the Pakistan series is now their A-team and with Namibia now having to qualify for the main qualifier event, I'm not sure where that puts them.

There will no doubt be warm-up games prior to the event, but I think it's a big mistake not to have some proper matches in May or early June. I'm sure Dave will be pushing ZC to come up with something,

Looking at the FTP, Bangladesh, New Zealand and South Africa are all available during that time, ZC has decent relationships with those boards so hopefully they can organise something.

Evan a South Africa A team would be great preparation.
3 months is way too long a break before such an important tournament. I think a series in Ireland right before could be a good idea. Could be a Bangladesh-Ireland-Zimbabwe tri series in May.
I’d be very wary of this since our key players seem to be made of glass and regularly spend weeks at a time injured despite this being a non contact sport.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Yeah, I hope Raza doesn't injure himself at the IPL, it is a very very long tournament that so he needs to be careful. Good thing is that Sikki is not that injury prone and is quite used to playing in franchise leagues. So hope all goes well.

Need to wrap Williams, Ballance and Muzarabani in cotton wool before the qualifiers.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:02 pm
Yeah, I hope Raza doesn't injure himself at the IPL, it is a very very long tournament that so he needs to be careful. Good thing is that Sikki is not that injury prone and is quite used to playing in franchise leagues. So hope all goes well.

Need to wrap Williams, Ballance and Muzarabani in cotton wool before the qualifiers.
Yeah Raza is the ultimate pro and treats his body like a temple, it’s clear the others are not as disciplined off the pitch.

Williams finger seems like a match to match proposition, it could go at any time due to him choosing not to get the pins put in.

Due to this, I’d be almost tempted to not play him in all matches just to avoid him fracturing it again in a match v Nepal where we’ve got the game wrapped up and he’s caught on finger fielding or something.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Pakistan will tour Zimbabwe for a one-day series that will be key to the hosts’ preparations for the Cricket World Cup Qualifier also on home soil.

Zimbabwe will be out to fine-tune for the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup Qualifier 2023 in six one-day matches against Pakistan in Harare.

The hosts are sure to have one eye on the Cricket World Cup Qualifier during their meetings with Pakistan, with two spots at the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 up for grabs at the later event.

The first one-day clash between Zimbabwe and Pakistan is scheduled to be played at Takashinga Cricket Club on May 17, with the remaining matches to be played at Harare Sports Club on 19, 21, 23, 25 and 27 May.

Zimbabwe will also host the Cricket World Cup Qualifier, with matches to be played across four venues in Harare and Bulawayo from June 18 to July 9.

The event will see 10 teams competing for the two remaining places at the Cricket World Cup in India later this year.

Path to Cricket World Cup 2023 becomes clearer
Nepal, Netherlands, Oman, Scotland, Sri Lanka, USA, UAE, West Indies, and one of Ireland or South Africa, will join Zimbabwe at the Cricket World Cup Qualifier.

Pakistan have already qualified for the Cricket World Cup, as well as Afghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, England, New Zealand and hosts India. Ireland need to sweep their three-match ODI series against Bangladesh in May to automatically qualify for the showpiece event ahead of South Africa.

Interesting that they don’t really specify if it will be a Pakistan A team or the national team coming for the tour!

If we didn’t already have the impression it was a the ‘Shaheens’ who were touring, you’d assume it was the main side.

Only thing is they don’t refer to the matches as One Day internationals, rather using the term ‘one day matches’

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/3225963

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Lol Takashinga!!!!!

Hilarious that they’ve stolen the ICC qualifier facility-upgrade money for Taka instead of OH

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Article now updated to say Pakistan A

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

Rumor doing the rounds that Pakistan is planning to schedule triseries with zimbabwe and Southafrica if Asia cup doesn't go ahead

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Asia Cup has been moved so that wont happen.

It's so annoying how other countries can get away with all the political interference and bullshit, yet we got suspended and are stuck with TM and his cronies. Not to mention that they are ZANU MPs anyway so there is already a political interference.

pillowprocter

Post by pillowprocter »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 12:57 am
Asia Cup has been moved so that wont happen.

It's so annoying how other countries can get away with all the political interference and bullshit, yet we got suspended and are stuck with TM and his cronies. Not to mention that they are ZANU MPs anyway so there is already a political interference.
Wait what? This is the first I'm hearing of this. I thought they were still bickering about it and nothing had happened yet?