Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by zimbos_05 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:13 pm
And the last thing they need right now with the whole world watching is for them to send half a team to get slaughtered on a greentop like that first test. You will then get guys asking why the ICC is protecting them. I understand them cancelling.
Nah. Tough shit. You agree to a tour, you fulfil it. Your players are at BBL, that's on them and you. No other nation stops their national tours for the BBL, so why should Zim.

Every side has played a series where some of their players could not play. They must do the same, or be fined and lose points.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:09 am
TapsC2 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:13 pm
And the last thing they need right now with the whole world watching is for them to send half a team to get slaughtered on a greentop like that first test. You will then get guys asking why the ICC is protecting them. I understand them cancelling.
Nah. Tough shit. You agree to a tour, you fulfil it. Your players are at BBL, that's on them and you. No other nation stops their national tours for the BBL, so why should Zim.

Every side has played a series where some of their players could not play. They must do the same, or be fined and lose points.
Yeah international cricket should always be prioritized over a t20 league

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:29 pm
This lot are probably my most hated team in international cricket honestly. They get away with all sorts just because everyone feels sorry for them. If they do ever bother to turn up we should make them stay in that dump the poor domestic players had to live in during last years 'bubble', feed them nothing but plain sadza for two weeks and pay Jongwe's dodgy mates to come and visit them in the night.
I know right?

Everyones always asking questions of Zimbabwes place in world cricket, but what about Afghanistans?

I always knew they would be a problem. Political issues we are know seeing, no market worth tapping into with them being among the worlds poorest. No tours to their country.

Like you said i felt sorry for them and admired that they have risen despite living in a toilet with weak leaders, but really if they arent even grateful to teams like Zim who have been there for them, thats all gone now.

World cricket would be much more better off with Afghanistan and should distance themselves from them completely. They aren't worth the effort.
Although....people say that about Zim too. But Zim, we have history at least.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
This lot are probably my most hated team in international cricket honestly. They get away with all sorts just because everyone feels sorry for them. If they do ever bother to turn up we should make them stay in that dump the poor domestic players had to live in during last years 'bubble', feed them nothing but plain sadza for two weeks and pay Jongwe's dodgy mates to come and visit them in the night.
Easily Afghanistan are my most hated team too, and I'm sure they will soon collapse... And this is coming from someone who never dislikes any team.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

It makes perfect sense for the Netherlands to come after South Africa now.

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

sam_ahm wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:25 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Easily Afghanistan are my most hated team too, and I'm sure they will soon collapse... And this is coming from someone who never dislikes any team.

Zimbabwe has massive impact not only with Afghan Cricket but also with Bangladesh Cricket. Both Afghans and Bangladesh got their winning momentum by crushing Zimbabwe, as Zim showed courage in playing with these two teams when they were treated as menows. Its really harsh when these two teams neglects touring Zimbabwe when they need them more.
Irish team are doing the same thing showing courage by playing against USA, hope the situation doesnt turns like Zim for them in upcomming years.
Robo to rule :oops:

Bertus de Jong

Post by Bertus de Jong »

Donald wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:09 pm
It's bad that Netherlands and now Afghanistan are calling the shots.

Yea the Zimbabwe top brass need to say something about this. Its poor form
You guys know it wasn't the Dutch that long-grassed the Super League series again, right? You think they want to pay for flights twice? They'd be playing ZIM this tour if they could.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Bertus de Jong wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:53 pm
Donald wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:09 pm
It's bad that Netherlands and now Afghanistan are calling the shots.

Yea the Zimbabwe top brass need to say something about this. Its poor form
You guys know it wasn't the Dutch that long-grassed the Super League series again, right? You think they want to pay for flights twice? They'd be playing ZIM this tour if they could.
Yeah as I understood it, we couldn't fit the Dutch in....not before your SA series because of the women's stuff here, and not after the SA series because the Afghans were due in.

Afghanistan have sold us all down the river by pulling out.

Works out well for us anyway, would rather play you guys in April without your county players! (I dare say ZC considered that too.....)

Bertus de Jong

Post by Bertus de Jong »

Fairly sure that the Dutch think they're playing Afghanistan in January now, amusingly enough. Smart play from ZC if they're trying to get NED over without the County players, though it hardly matters now that the Super League's being canned. Unlike the T20Q of course, which looks like it might clash with County season and the England Super League series for NL now. Genuinely hope the KNCB sell out the England series to the Barmy Army at 150 quid a ticket and then just field a 3rd team for jokes. Sadly I fear they lack both the business acumen and sense of humour for such a play.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

I Hadn't noticed your presence here before, great to have you here on ZCF :D, Bertus