Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by sam_ahm »

Madhevere has looked the best of the lot, Marumani had got potential, let's see how he goes. I'll be interested to see how good is Dion Myers, if he is as good as Wesley then Zimbabwe have a bright future ahead.

I was quite dissappointed with the way people on twitter were criticizing Taylor and Williams. The two players who have given their all to Zimbabwe through good and bad times and remain vital to Zimbabwe's chances of qualifying for WC 2023 as well as T20WC 2022.

Same Sean Williams was hitting centuries a month ago, and Same Brendan Taylor has been your best batsmen for 15 yrs. Have some shame people who criticize them for one failure.

tgk

Post by tgk »

sam_ahm wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:58 am
Madhevere has looked the best of the lot, Marumani had got potential, let's see how he goes. I'll be interested to see how good is Dion Myers, if he is as good as Wesley then Zimbabwe have a bright future ahead.

I was quite dissappointed with the way people on twitter were criticizing Taylor and Williams. The two players who have given their all to Zimbabwe through good and bad times and remain vital to Zimbabwe's chances of qualifying for WC 2023 as well as T20WC 2022.

Same Sean Williams was hitting centuries a month ago, and Same Brendan Taylor has been your best batsmen for 15 yrs. Have some shame people who criticize them for one failure.
Twitter is a cesspool of hatred and negativity, honestly must be the worst of all social media.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Yea and the race issue in Zimbabwe doesn't help. Any chance to crunch the white man in most cases.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

sam_ahm wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:58 am

Yeah and I saw Taylor’s wife get upset on one Facebook group, and then BT himself jumped on to tell her to ignore them. Some were nasty.
Never seen BT comment on Facebook, it is proof he reads.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Typical Zim cricket fans unfortunately. Been like this for years;

Some bang average 30-year old club cricketer has 1 good knock in Logan and everyone thinks he the next is Don Bradman.

Top quality international player has 1 bad knock and everyone thinks he should be confined to the dustbin of history.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

The Bangladesh series is due to be played at Queen's in Bulawayo apparently. Nice to see cricket return to - well, literally anywhere but Harare - but our form at QSC in recent times is less than fantastic!

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:09 pm
Typical Zim cricket fans unfortunately. Been like this for years;

Some bang average 30-year old club cricketer has 1 good knock in Logan and everyone thinks he the next is Don Bradman.

Top quality international player has 1 bad knock and everyone thinks he should be confined to the dustbin of history.
It comes with the life. If you read the comments from Pakistan fans after that T20 defeat you would think Misbah and Babar Azam are the worst coach/captain combo in history. As an international sportsman you can expect people to kick you when you are down

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

I agree, but Taylor could be a bit fitter don't you think? He is getting the big bucks and that level of manageable fitness wouldn't fly in Aus, India etc. He is obviously held to a higher standard just like kohli, Babar are.

Hammy got some flack on this forum for his late career fitness if I remember.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Zimco wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:15 pm
I agree, but Taylor could be a bit fitter don't you think? He is getting the big bucks and that level of manageable fitness wouldn't fly in Aus, India etc. He is obviously held to a higher standard just like kohli, Babar are.

Hammy got some flack on this forum for his late career fitness if I remember.
Is he getting the big bucks though?

Last I read he was unhappy with his contract and hadn’t been paid.
He could be fitter, although he doesn’t seem that unfit, but to his credit he is playing alongside people he doesn’t like, for an admin he probably hates, with coaches that probably ask him for advice and now a bunch of fans who arent appreciating him.

Yet he’s still a trooper, but I’m getting 2015 vibes again when he was just over it.
If he does pull the plug though that’s the end at his age.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

He may be unfit,The guy is still a Hero in Zimbabwean cricket Circles.He is very much loved and adored by many kids and even at Zimbabwe Cricket they love him.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up taking a Management Job or top admin at Zimbabwe cricket once he decides to quit.

He commands so much respect,hate it or love,He is a legend probably a better Legend than the Flower brothers.