Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by secretzimbo »

sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:17 pm
Don't know where to post this but this Omicron shit is being taken to another level. Apparently it is in India as well now, the entire world is acting as if it's some new virus altogether without any base or data.

I don't know if this covid has become a business kind of a thing for the World but this is absolute shit. Media is hyping it up like anything. All idiots. I still don't know why are they doing this.

During delta barely anyone was vaccinated, it's no longer the case now, this omicron, popcorn, shitcorn will keep coming, just bloody get on with it ffs.
+1

Governments are pooing themselves, and I've no idea why. Of course southern Africa have born the brunt of it unfortunately. The fact it is now being discovered everywhere else and there is evidence that it was present in Europe well before it was found in SA is just the tip of the iceberg.

I get it. It's a virus. It's pretty shit. Lots of people have died. I'd rather not catch it. Maybe being very cautious early on was justified whilst we worked it out and got to grips with it.

But come on...how many fucking years are we going to lock ourselves away, shut our borders, cripple our economies, and ruin peoples lives, families and communities as a result of this? It's a grim virus but I don't see what choice we have but to get on with it. Unfortunately the world is full of mad governments panicking......there's plenty of theories out there why.

Thankfully we've done better than most of Africa with vaccines here.....except they are bloody Chinese so largely useless. And still only about quarter of the population anyway.

There's no reason international cricket, or any activity, can't be carried out successfully and safely but hey, most of the players have bought into the whole fear thing and are terrified. Ultimately governments set the agenda and influence things.....if there are flight bans or restrictive government quarantines what can you do? And if players don't want to play or isolate or bubble or they are scared then what can you do? I have no idea why western countries are so scared and why the governments are so keen on brainwashing people into such a level of extreme fear over there. These are countries that once conquered the world. Now they have healthy elite athletes scared of getting a cough!!

Of course our own twat in power has now decided to do the same again as well and shut the borders. Any excuse for a crack down and to stamp some authority hey. He loves it.

Donald

Post by Donald »

I guess the rights and wrongs of Afghanistan cancelling on us are largely immaterial now for time being with these new virus laws as games almost certainly wouldn't have gone ahead.
Hope for the Sri Lanka tour to go ahead In January still 👍👍👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Donald wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:07 am
I guess the rights and wrongs of Afghanistan cancelling on us are largely immaterial now for time being with these new virus laws as games almost certainly wouldn't have gone ahead.
Not so much for me, because their decision preceded these restrictions. There decision was based on their own self-gains not the global climate of the virus.

Donald

Post by Donald »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:52 am
Donald wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:07 am
Not so much for me, because their decision preceded these restrictions. There decision was based on their own self-gains not the global climate of the virus.
I hear ya
What I mean is its immaterial now as would have been cancelled in any instance. Let's hope they abide by next confirmed fixtures or mukuluhni needs to earn his corn and speak out a bit more. ( Not just when his leadership is threatened)

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

ZC administration should look for alternatives if top sides are not comming to Zim they should arrange T20I series with the associates as they have ICC T20 status it can not only make the players habituated with international cricket as its uncertain for the top teams touring Zim but also make Zim players understand the basics of these teams as they will face them in upcomming T20 qualifiers.

Irish team is taking initiative in playing in USA, it wont be bad or shameful if Zim arranges a T20 series against Nepal or UAE

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

That's what mate, I think it's more of a massive business for Pharma companies now, a varient every year and a vaccine for it.. Or booster shots. Pfizer has said they've already started working on omnicron vaccine.

It looks like India's tour of South Africa is still undecided as of now.. Still no team announcement from the BCCI and selected players were supposed to go into a bubble i guess from today, which they haven't, obviously because the squad itself is not announced.. We might get clarity over the next 1 or 2 days is what Virat Kohli has said.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:57 pm
That's what mate, I think it's more of a massive business for Pharma companies now, a varient every year and a vaccine for it.. Or booster shots. Pfizer has said they've already started working on omnicron vaccine.
Except that the vaccines have been free. Which means the government is paying for it. If it was a scam by big pharma, it's hard to see the government going along at a cost of billions of dollars. It's also inconceivable that every single government would magically go along with it. Like India and Pakistan governments can't agree on anything but they somehow agreed to just pump money into pharma companies?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:37 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:57 pm
Except that the vaccines have been free. Which means the government is paying for it. If it was a scam by big pharma, it's hard to see the government going along at a cost of billions of dollars. It's also inconceivable that every single government would magically go along with it. Like India and Pakistan governments can't agree on anything but they somehow agreed to just pump money into pharma companies?
Large number of people in India have gone for Paid ones, and I'm sure it will be the case with most countries. Govt centers were also good but very time consuming and many a times if they run out of vaccines people were having to go back after standing for hours in the line.

I'm not saying government's are involved and all that, I didn't even said its a scam, I just said it's a business, Pharma companies will be happy to see people panic and go for booster shots or varient specific vaccines. There is also no guarantee that governments will give booster shots and other vaccines for free yet again.

There are no reported deaths due to Omicron yet, it is reported to cause only mild infection, but going by the media and the way it is getting reported, it is quite obvious that it's a desperate attempt to ctlreate panic.

For example yesterday on TOI I read "18 travellers tested positive"... On reading the article I realized its 18 out of 16000, that's 0.001%, which even in normal scenario is obvious to expect. Yet the way of reporting appears to be set on the agenda of causing panic.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:53 am
Large number of people in India have gone for Paid ones, and I'm sure it will be the case with most countries. Govt centers were also good but very time consuming and many a times if they run out of vaccines people were having to go back after standing for hours in the line.

I'm not saying government's are involved and all that, I didn't even said its a scam, I just said it's a business, Pharma companies will be happy to see people panic and go for booster shots or varient specific vaccines. There is also no guarantee that governments will give booster shots and other vaccines for free yet again.

There are no reported deaths due to Omicron yet, it is reported to cause only mild infection, but going by the media and the way it is getting reported, it is quite obvious that it's a desperate attempt to ctlreate panic.

For example yesterday on TOI I read "18 travellers tested positive"... On reading the article I realized its 18 out of 16000, that's 0.001%, which even in normal scenario is obvious to expect. Yet the way of reporting appears to be set on the agenda of causing panic.
Pharma companies make lots of money. Many companies do. Capitalism is all about profit. Why shouldn't the pharma companies stoke fear and then make money off of it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

For the T20WC, now Confirmed that we are in Qualifier B, hosted in Zimbabwe, approx July 8th-18th 2022.

We have been drawn with Netherlands, PNG, USA, Hong Kong, Singapore, Uganda and Jersey in this group. Top 2 qualify.