Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Marshmallow

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by Marshmallow »

https://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/122 ... three-odis

India tour of Zimbabwe 2022:

First ODI - August 18th
Second ODI - August 20th
Third ODI - August 22nd

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

2022 has unbelievably been a busy year for Zimbabwe, when was the last time it was as hectic as 2002?. The qualifiers, followed by Bangladesh's visit and then India's visit. And the tour to Australia and the T20 World Cup given they qualify.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

In summary:

T20WCQ: 11th-17th July
Bangladesh (3x ODI, 3x T20I): 30th July-10th August
India (3x ODI): 18th-22nd August
Australia (3x ODI): 28th August-3rd September
Potential T20WC: 16th October-13th November

Very tight turnaround between India at home and Australia away.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

They've got Ireland in January 23 as well if I remember right. That series was postponed from early this year.

BTW the next FTP is likely to be out by July 26th.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:50 pm
They've got Ireland in January 23 as well if I remember right. That series was postponed from early this year.

Rumours that the FTP is looking very very grim indeed. Without the super league we are really going to struggle for fixtures.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:53 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:50 pm

Rumours that the FTP is looking very very grim indeed. Without the super league we are really going to struggle for fixtures.
Possible mate, I don't have much expectations either and I too fear this could be the worst FTP yet for Zimbabwe. Let's see.

Googly

Post by Googly »

There will be tears of relief and joy from ZC. I see new Range Rovers in their future.
They'll be able to halve the domestic fixtures as well. The doubling up this year didn't produce the world class cricketers they'd hoped. We're doomed under these guys.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Some preview of the new FTP given on cricinfo, although there is nothing much related to Zimbabwe except for a white ball series against Pakistan, we get a glimpse of what is in store. I think most of the countries having some sort of a window for their own T20 leagues, Inc Eng and Aus, but the 2.5 month long IPL window is the most significant one which stops all international cricket during the period.

There seems to be no major series fit Zimbabwe against the BIG 3 but surely they will quite a few against the other nations I believe.

Anyways, we will get to know by July end as the FTP is likely to be out by then.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:22 am
Some preview of the new FTP given on cricinfo, although there is nothing much related to Zimbabwe except for a white ball series against Pakistan, we get a glimpse of what is in store. I think most of the countries having some sort of a window for their own T20 leagues, Inc Eng and Aus, but the 2.5 month long IPL window is the most significant one which stops all international cricket during the period.

There seems to be no major series fit Zimbabwe against the BIG 3 but surely they will quite a few against the other nations I believe.

Anyways, we will get to know by July end as the FTP is likely to be out by then.
Another series that has been revealed is an ODI tri-series Zim will host featuring New Zealand and South Africa in June 2025.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Zimbabwe have been allocated 109 international matches in the next FTP including 20 Test matches.

I believe that included 2 tests with SA and 2 with NZ with the rest all being with Afghanistan/Ireland/Bangladesh.

Limited overs matches with Pakistan, SL and WI but doesn’t sound like any fixtures at all with the big three.