Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by TapsC2 »

And Sean Williams is averaging 55 in the Super League so far. Raza has more runs but he is averaging 35, his actual average. Williams must be averaging over 50 in the last 24 to 36 months, or maybe late 40s

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Williams has been batting at a very high level for several years now. He was definitely a late bloomer, and I never thought he would level up his game so high.

In contrast to Taylor who batted well from very early in his career, Williams started much much later. But he's been so good the past several years that I think should he check two boxes, he should be considered as good as Taylor, and arguably even better. If he can hit a WC century against one of the Big 3 or play a match-winning effort against one of the Big 3, he should be considered at least as good as Taylor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:28 pm
He's not accurate enough to be a world class bowler.
Hes certainly tough to face, has plenty wicket taking deliveries, but he doesn't bowl tight enuf. If you want the luxury of bowling a a few wayward deliveries then you need to be bowling 150.
If we played enough games and our domestic batsmen could put away those bad deliveries more consistently he'd tighten up. I think there's room for improvement and I think he's good enough to do just that. Ditto for Ngarava, plus as I always say, he needs to get the inswinger to the right handers. The most consistent is Evans according to his domestic stats.
If we had two or three seamers that gave the batters very little in their spells then you've got the basis of a reasonable bowling attack.

It's the same for our spin attack. They'll all give you one shit delivery an over at best.
The difference between 5 good deliveries an over and 6 is massive.
Yeah you are right. I have overrated the quicks in hindsight but they have high ceilings. Just need a good coach and a bit more experience.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Guys there are only 5 series' from the WSL that are yet to be confirmed by member boards, 4 of them involve Afghanistan.

ZIM V NET
PAK V AFG
IND V AFG
AUS V AFG
SL V AFG

I'm sure Zim and Net series will find a window, both boards will be keen on playing that.

India have not mentioned anything reg AFG series in the recent revealed list of India fixtures, neither have Australia.

Pak and SL will most likely find a window to play AFG.

We have to see what the ICC do in case some of these serves don't happen, will they simply award the points to AFG?

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:51 pm
Guys there are only 5 series' from the WSL that are yet to be confirmed by member boards, 4 of them involve Afghanistan.

ZIM V NET
PAK V AFG
IND V AFG
AUS V AFG
SL V AFG

I'm sure Zim and Net series will find a window, both boards will be keen on playing that.

India have not mentioned anything reg AFG series in the recent revealed list of India fixtures, neither have Australia.

We have to see what the ICC do in case some of these serves don't happen, will they simply award the points to AFG?
So far it seems like it will be based on aggregate points, but in that case aren't NZ in trouble, despite having a very good record?

I think it may come down to points per match, or points %. That's what the WTC is doing and looks like the most fair system. In that case, ZIM had almost no chance of direct qualification. Ditto for South Africa and West Indies and possibly Sri Lanka as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

The qualifier is going to be explosive. Might even be better than the World Cup itself if you have SA, the West Indies and possibly Sri Lanka in there. No room for error. Got a feeling SA will hijack hosting it

Googly

Post by Googly »

They'll have Stubbs. I know it was only one game but this guy is a power hitter extraordinaire.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:41 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:51 pm

ZIM V NET
PAK V AFG
IND V AFG
AUS V AFG
SL V AFG

So far it seems like it will be based on aggregate points, but in that case aren't NZ in trouble, despite having a very good record?

I think it may come down to points per match, or points %. That's what the WTC is doing and looks like the most fair system. In that case, ZIM had almost no chance of direct qualification. Ditto for South Africa and West Indies and possibly Sri Lanka as well.
Over the next 8 months all the pending series except for the above 5 and Aus-Rsa which appears to be forfeited by RSA, are confirmed mate. So NZ will play all their 24 games. NZ are literally playing all of them in a space of 1 yr. That's crazy scheduling.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Some excitement today at this rumour that we apparently have an England tour in the next FTP?

Personally I don't believe it but we'll see.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

https://twitter.com/FrankMawoza1/status ... kh53w&s=19

Zolsky mentioned about England tour so it's apparently on the card.