Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by secretzimbo »

The australia games will be brutal :lol: they could pick their 10th team and we’d still get fucked haha. But it’ll be fun seeing us tour their anyway.

So we’ve got Namibia, Afghanistan, Qualifiers, Bangladesh, India and Australia all within the next 4 months. Finally lots of games

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 7:06 am
The australia games will be brutal :lol: they could pick their 10th team and we’d still get fucked haha. But it’ll be fun seeing us tour their anyway.

So we’ve got Namibia, Afghanistan, Qualifiers, Bangladesh, India and Australia all within the next 4 months. Finally lots of games
What are Australian pitches like in august? I assume they’ll be playing in Darwin or somewhere like that? Are they less brutal/fast at that time of year?

Donald

Post by Donald »

Well we have blessing ngarava and chivanga who are very quick by zimbabwe standards to face Australia. Quicker than the mupariwa or payangara trundlers we have been used to from yesteryear anyway.

Im confident our pacers can docvery well in australian conditions.

Batters im concerned about

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Just further to this, I've heard they are supposedly in contact with the Windies to organise a red and white ball 'A' tour later in the year as well.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 8:27 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Just further to this, I've heard they are supposedly in contact with the Windies to organise a red and white ball 'A' tour later in the year as well.
:) :) away or home?

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:

And the T20 World Cup.. 😁

Aussies are skipping WSL games against Afghanistan and South Africa, how can they be allowed to do that?

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Marshmallow wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 8:36 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 8:27 am
secretzimbo wrote:
:) :) away or home?
Not sure. They are looking at around late September/early October apparently. Hope this is true. Red ball ‘A’ fixtures in particular would be exciting and interesting

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

sam_ahm wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 8:43 am
secretzimbo wrote:

Aussies are skipping WSL games against Afghanistan and South Africa, how can they be allowed to do that?
I’m amazed they aren’t skipping us! Great news

The demise of the super league is just about the worst possible thing for teams like us sadly. These fixtures are golden

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Donald wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 7:27 am
Well we have blessing ngarava and chivanga who are very quick by zimbabwe standards to face Australia. Quicker than the mupariwa or payangara trundlers we have been used to from yesteryear anyway.

Im confident our pacers can docvery well in australian conditions.

Batters im concerned about
This is actually all I'm looking forward to. The fast bowlers. It will be a real chance to show what they got but also at the same time a real challenge because the Aussies face far deadlier bowlers in the nets. Otherwise its going to be a massacre.

It will also be a good experience for Wes and Shumba

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 9:04 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 8:43 am
secretzimbo wrote:

I’m amazed they aren’t skipping us! Great news

The demise of the super league is just about the worst possible thing for teams like us sadly. These fixtures are golden
Yes from that point of view, it is true, although I'm hopeful we will have a slightly balanced FTP for next cycle and not the same crap it Big 3 playing 10 series against each other.

I think Aussies will slot in South Africa somewhere because they are playing against them, just that not playing the WSL games which is very strange, I think those games will happen.

I don't think Aussies are keen on playing Afghanistan in any format and I don't see that series happening.