Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by sam_ahm »

Funny thing is that even the Aussies don't stop their international cricket for BBL but Afghans do, that's as pathetic as it can get honestly.

Can't the ZC and NET board set up the series now in Jan, as the Afghans won't turn up anyways?

Also I wonder when will Afghans play their super league matches, they've only played 3 so far...they have a lot to make up for and the last thing I want is for the ICC to consider % winnings in case the series don't go ahead. It should simply be points, nothing else.

Isaacweasle

Post by Isaacweasle »

I don't get the hate for Afghans. As far as I can tell the idea that the series is off due to BBL is pure conjecture with no evidence. My bet would be there's something else going on behind the scenes. But the whole super league thing is fucked, way too many matches have gone unplayed, I fear they'll do what what they did to the WTC and go off points contested which would just encourage teams to skip tours, especially with smaller teams.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Afghans basically hold boards to ransom and get away with it. No one cares for them unless Rashid Khan or Mujeeb is playing.

I say tough shit. If those players are not available, then they are not available. Deal with it.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

1st SA-Netherlands ODI rained out. 5 points. I wonder if the tour will be cancelled

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

^ It's cancelled (postponed) now, confirmed.

We might struggle to fulfil our away tour to Sri Lanka in January if this flight ban continues.

Oman and the UAE are currently playing ODIs in Namibia as well, that looks likely to get cancelled too.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:54 am
^ It's cancelled (postponed) now, confirmed.

We might struggle to fulfil our away tour to Sri Lanka in January if this flight ban continues.

Oman and the UAE are currently playing ODIs in Namibia as well, that looks likely to get cancelled too.
I hope things normalize by January. If so, then at least Zimbabwe won't have any cancellations.

I think this is a bit of a knee jerk reaction by some countries. I can see European countries and the US still reporting massively large number of covid cases as compared to African countries. I understand it's more about the varient, but then covid is an endemic now anyways, there will be many varients coming, so what's new in this?

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Looks like Super League will end up being decided by % of points earned and not absolute points like they did for the WTC. So many games have been postponed there is no way to make them up and also have equal number of matches for all teams.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:14 am
Looks like Super League will end up being decided by % of points earned and not absolute points like they did for the WTC. So many games have been postponed there is no way to make them up and also have equal number of matches for all teams.
Most likely, there seems to be no urgency amongst any of the teams to play out these games quickly.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Sony advertising Zimbabwe's tour of Sri Lanka starting Jan 16th. Will it go through folks?

It's an away series, so the question of teams not coming to Zimbabwe is out. It's just a matter of how ZC ensures Zimbabwe team can reach SLN.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Don't know where to post this but this Omicron shit is being taken to another level. Apparently it is in India as well now, the entire world is acting as if it's some new virus altogether without any base or data.

I don't know if this covid has become a business kind of a thing for the World but this is absolute shit. Media is hyping it up like anything. All idiots. I still don't know why are they doing this.

During delta barely anyone was vaccinated, it's no longer the case now, this omicron, popcorn, shitcorn will keep coming, just bloody get on with it ffs.