Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by secretzimbo »

tej_27 wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:58 am
Lahore qalandars manager confirms that Rashid Khan will be fully available for PSL as zim vs afg series is likely to be cancelled
Maybe they will come without him? Or tbh it makes sense to just combine the two planned Afghanistan tours into one. Not much financial sense in them coming here twice in 10 months sadly. Jut come as planned in Nov/Dec, play the 3 Super League ODI's alongside the Tests and T20s then.

So now it could potentially look like this;

Jan - SL away (3 ODIs)
April - Ireland home (5 ODIs, 3 T20Is, potential Test)
June? (Could be moved to August) - Bangladesh home (5 ODIs, 3 T20Is, Test cancelled?)
July - T20 Global Qualifier home
July-August - Netherlands home (3 ODIs)
November - Afghanistan home (all 3 formats)

Still to play: India at home and Australia away - all ODIs.

There's also talks ongoing for away tours to both South Africa and West Indies in 2022.

Whatever happened to the two 'A' tours - home and away - with Pakistan?

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:25 pm
tej_27 wrote:
Lahore qalandars manager confirms that Rashid Khan will be fully available for PSL as zim vs afg series is likely to be cancelled
Maybe they will come without him? Or tbh it makes sense to just combine the two planned Afghanistan tours into one. Not much financial sense in them coming here twice in 10 months sadly. Jut come as planned in Nov/Dec, play the 3 Super League ODI's alongside the Tests and T20s then.

So now it could potentially look like this;

Jan - SL away (3 ODIs)
April - Ireland home (5 ODIs, 3 T20Is, potential Test)
June? (Could be moved to August) - Bangladesh home (5 ODIs, 3 T20Is, Test cancelled?)
July - T20 Global Qualifier home
July-August - Netherlands home (3 ODIs)
November - Afghanistan home (all 3 formats)

Still to play: India at home and Australia away - all ODIs.

There's also talks ongoing for away tours to both South Africa and West Indies in 2022.
Interesting that it’s an away tour to West Indies. It might be the farewell series in Jamaica for Chris Gayle.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

tej_27 wrote:
Let's see, I hope it goes ahead. No official confirmation as yet. Zimbabwe I think has far less omicron cases than other parts of the world. In India itself we are witnessing a Massive surge in number of cases but the severity seems to be far far less than what we saw in the 2nd wave.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:53 pm
tej_27 wrote:
Let's see, I hope it goes ahead. No official confirmation as yet. Zimbabwe I think has far less omicron cases than other parts of the world. In India itself we are witnessing a Massive surge in number of cases but the severity seems to be far far less than what we saw in the 2nd wave.
Its still severe. This time the whole nation is prepared to fight

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:13 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:53 pm
tej_27 wrote:
Its still severe. This time the whole nation is prepared to fight
Need to just get on with it imo. Just get doubly vaccinated, mask up and get on with it, I think we have actually been far brave in facing this than the west. It was only during the peak 2nd wave that it caused severe damage and we had no answers, but otherwise people have been keen to get on with it.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Just realised Ireland have all but abandoned domestic red-ball cricket and haven't played any domestic first class since summer 2019. So that supposed Test in April obviously isn't going to happen.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:50 pm
Just realised Ireland have all but abandoned domestic red-ball cricket and haven't played any domestic first class since summer 2019. So that supposed Test in April obviously isn't going to happen.
A real shame. They just knocked over the West Indies. I hope the West Indies tour plans work out. It would be a good way of measuring where we really stand. The Sri Lanka ODIs will also tell us a lot too

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

TapsC2 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:32 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:50 pm
A real shame. They just knocked over the West Indies. I hope the West Indies tour plans work out. It would be a good way of measuring where we really stand. The Sri Lanka ODIs will also tell us a lot too
I'm a little pessimistic about the Srilanka ODIs. Problem with Zimbabwe is that they play so less, it's never easy playing one series every 3 months, lack of fixtures just don't give any momentum whatsoever.

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

Are the goat f**kers( Taliban team) are coming to play Zim in early February?