Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by Googly »

What I don't understand is why will nobody pay us to TV rights to watch? Surely you can sell it for a small amount to multiple stations?

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Rumors that virat kohli will play against Zimbabwe.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

If Blessing is not available for India series, then I would like to see Evans and Gwandu in place of Chatara and Blessing. No Tiripano, No Masuku please.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Marshmallow wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:03 am
Rumors that virat kohli will play against Zimbabwe.
Probably will. Seeing as he hasn't scored a run for about three years (and really should be dropped) - he's probably hoping a double century against Zim will reignite his career.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Dont know much about trevor Gwandu other than the most wickets he has taken at least A at any one time is two 😲😲.

Evans and chivanga ahould be on radar. Obviously ngarava will play also

Donald

Post by Donald »

Donald wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:28 am
Dont know much about trevor Gwandu other than the most wickets he has taken at list A level at any one time is two 😲😲.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Donald wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:28 am
Dont know much about trevor Gwandu other than the most wickets he has taken at least A at any one time is two 😲😲.

I have been impressed by Gwandu from whatever little I've seen... Chivanga I'm not very sure.. He looks wayward at times.

I'm hoping Blessing will be for at least for the Australia tour.

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

Victor Nyauchi anyone??

Best bowler in Zimbabwean cricket for the recent season.

I must be the only person on here that rates him, he is much better than Chivanga, Evans, Masuku and Gwandu (with the ball, I’d pick Evans for his batting as well)

He would be in my test 11 for definite even with a fully fit seam attack.

He has also proven his quality in one day cricket.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

CalZim wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:35 pm
Victor Nyauchi anyone??

Best bowler in Zimbabwean cricket for the recent season.

I must be the only person on here that rates him, he is much better than Chivanga, Evans, Masuku and Gwandu (with the ball, I’d pick Evans for his batting as well)

He would be in my test 11 for definite even with a fully fit seam attack.

He has also proven his quality in one day cricket.
Well yeah Nyauchi is way better than Gwandu. That guy has done next to nothing at any level, but ends up on the Zim A tour to Nepal? Then gets into an 'U23' squad despite being 24 :lol: Either he's got some big financial resources or he's the nephew of someone on the board :lol:

Masuku is a consistently great Logan Cup player - bit of a dobbler though. Not sure he could translate those stats to international cricket.

Nyauchi didn't do himself any favours in Nepal or the Namibia series. He'd be in my Test XI tomorrow but he's too wayward with the white ball really. He'll probably get another chance though with the injuries we have.

Chivanga is all mouth, looks pretty poor in reality but he seems to be in favour so I'm sure he'll get another go too.

Evans is the opposite, seems out of favour. He's been quiet recently - hasn't been playing club cricket this past month or two. Not sure if he is injured or just disillusioned or elsewhere. Absolutely should be given more chances. I think he has a higher ceiling than any of the other guys mentioned.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

They'll pick Tiripano and Chivanga again anyway. You know it, I know it, we all know it :lol: