Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by zimbos_05 »

People bang on about Taylors fitness yet if he was so unfit why was he always the best in the team. What does it say about the other guys that the most unfit guy has consistently been our best.

Any opportunity to try and bag on the white guys.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:50 am
People bang on about Taylors fitness yet if he was so unfit why was he always the best in the team. What does it say about the other guys that the most unfit guy has consistently been our best.

Any opportunity to try and bag on the white guys.
Taylor is our best player and I am backing him to score at least 1 century this test series. He always responds like that. The best players always get the most criticism. As I said when Pakistan lost the second T20 their fans were blaming Babar Azam for batting slowly and not finishing the game. Same thing happened when they lost the ODI. Some even going as far as saying he is a stat padder. It comes with the life and it’s got nothing to do with race. Hami got the same treatment. None of those guys defend Chamu as well. The same people say Prince is the most unfit guy we have. Fans will always be like that.

The only thing I have to say is that BT is our best but he could be World Class if his heart was in it. I think at this point it’s just mental fatigue. He has been around a toxic system for a very long time.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

17 years he's been part of a crumbling administration and he's stuck with it.
It'll be a really sad day when he eventually does hang up his boots. He's been in the top 3 in my opinion of our best ever players. Maybe top 4

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:41 am

The only thing I have to say is that BT is our best but he could be World Class if his heart was in it. I think at this point it’s just mental fatigue. He has been around a toxic system for a very long time.
This is the part that does it for me. The man has been part of a set up that has consistently done everything they could to make it hard for our players. They destroyed the club system, the domestic system, and they messed up our international standing. Whenever BT would stand up to try and make things better, it was for the whole setup, not just himself, yet he always got labelled and attacked and even had his own team mates turn on him. I do not blame him one bit for being less "in it", and yet he still has managed to produce quality figures and performances. He is seeing players who deserve spots not getting them, and watching as ZC mates get all the benefits.

I think I have been the only one critical of Hammy. As for Chamu, not much has to be said. He has done nothing to deserve captaincy. He publicly abused a former government official on social media and got away with it. He is basically being rewarded for mediocrity and shithousery. You can't blame BT then for not wanting to be "in it".

Pakistan fans responded that way because they demand more of their team. That is how world class teams respond. And Pakistan responded too. They went all in in the last game. Zim just keep rewarding friends and mediocrity. In Zim if we criticise Hammy or Chamu for a poor performance, we were racists who wanted to see black people suffer because we are Rhodie sympathisers. Race has been etched in Zim cricket for a long time, so this idea that is has nothing to do with race is bullshit. Just look at Melhuli and Larry Kwiryayi on twitter. Always happy to bring out the race card and encourage Zolsky to play it more and abuse people. Utseya used race he got dropped, now he is the U19 coach and with what credentials? Givemore Makoni threatened to dig up HSC is he did not get his way. Race is etched in ZC and they use it whenever they want.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

Yeah cause Taylor is a cut above (and developed in a strong system + county) but maybe he could have been on the level of the really good world players if his fitness was a bit better.

I'm not saying he shouldn't been in the team or anything like that. He shouldn't be compared to the other players in the team but worldwide. Whereas I think Williams is getting all the best out of his talent recently especially at test level. Taylor hasn't been at his best for years.

Wes is the next Zim player where the circumstances have provided him a really good youth development and I'll be disappointed if he doesn't go on to be as good if not better than Taylor stats wise.

Some Players from weaker systems probably need to be selfish to maintain peak peformance. f it was so bad for Taylor he should have become a T20 missionary. Ultimately what bravo, Gayle did when WI was badly managed and what ABD and rashid are doing now.

In a way some of Taylor's greatness has been sacrificed by playing for Zim though the intermitent playing years thus he is a true servant.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

zimlover wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:36 am
I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up taking a Management Job or top admin at Zimbabwe cricket once he decides to quit.
I would be amazed if this happens. I think of all the players, BT plays through gritted teeth more than any. I sense he hates everything about ZC. And who would blame him?

Absolute legend though. Not just a ZC legend either. A Zimbabwean national legend. Probably our No. 1 greatest player of all time when you consider the shit he has been put through and his longevity and commitment despite that.

Desperately hope ZC can keep it together for a couple of years and BT, Craig, Willo & Raza can have a good send off at the 2023 WC.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Bangladesh are only coming for 1 test now plus the 3 ODIs and 3 T20s.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

zimfan1 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 8:59 am
Is that series going to play this type pitch

Elcano

Post by Elcano »

Most probably .. otherwise Bangladesh will have upperhand ..

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

zimfan1 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 8:59 am
Did you hear that from Tino Mawoyo?

It probably makes sense but he also said we're playing 5 T20s in Ireland, which is wrong. He could be wrong about the Tests too. When they ditch a Test, it usually means more ODIs and/or T20s in lieu.