Future tour rumours

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Mr Twig

Re: Future tour rumours

Post by Mr Twig »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:07 pm
Not sure what has happened to the two supposed 'A' series home and away with Pakistan. Potentially scrapped. Ramiz Raja hates us, not sure why.
Because he doesn't see Zimbabwe as worthy competition. He was quite critical during that horror 2018 series even on commentary and especially critical during the recent Test series. https://www.republicworld.com/sports-ne ... -joke.html

Unfortunately, hard to argue with when in the last 10 years, Zimbabwe has played 43 games against Pakistan for 4 wins. I think while Ramiz is in charge, Pakistan are done with us for now.

Bad timing because the new FTP (2023-31) is being organised and should be released sometime next year. With the Super League finished from 2023, we will really get to see just how good the relations are with ZC and the other boards.

Googly

Post by Googly »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:00 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:27 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:06 pm
Afghanistan in December 21
Sri Lanka in January 22
Netherlands in April 22
Australia late November 22

Just leaves India to fit in.
Thanks mate! India tour this year was even advertised on Sony but then Covid meant it couldn't happen. They may play next yr same time, perhaps.

I've read on a reliable website that Zimbabwe will be hosting the T20 WC Qualifier (2nd leg) in June/July. The first leg will be in Feb in Oman.
Yeah hopefully. Cut off date for fixtures is March 2023 so still plenty of time to get the India series in.

Yeah we really are the world champions of hosting at the moment. Two successive world cup qualifiers, a T20 world cup qualifier, a womens world cup qualifier and the world cup itself in 2027!

So theres two separate qualifiers for the T20 - presumably that means we will be in the 2nd one and at home. The ICC really want us to qualify for something dont they :lol:
Marshmallow wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:31 pm
Ireland tour of zimbabwe, when?
April-May 22 apparently. Multi-format but as ever the Test is unlikely.

What a massive win for us. Will ZC respond by putting their foot on the gas and improve their administration or will they sit back and relax knowing that ICC have their backs for the next 6 years? The amount of extra cash that's going to roll in supposedly for venue rehabilitation is going to be huge.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Afghanistan series confirmed and definitely going ahead.

3 Super League ODIs and 5 T20Is. Dates slightly pushed back, now will start mid-December and run over Christmas into the first few days of January. No Tests as expected.

Interesting scheduling. I wonder what the requirement is around bubbles these days? The players obviously wont want to be in a bubble over Christmas.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:16 pm

3 Super League ODIs and 5 T20Is. Dates slightly pushed back, now will start mid-December and run over Christmas into the first few days of January. No Tests as expected.

Interesting scheduling. I wonder what the requirement is around bubbles these days? The players obviously wont want to be in a bubble over Christmas.
Great news this. Need a good series though, beat Afghans in both the series.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:00 pm
secretzimbo wrote:

I think we'll struggle, particularly in the T20's but I suppose we might have chance of a win or two in the ODIs if things really go our way. We really need to prepare the greenest quickest pitches we possibly can. I'd have a 4-man seam attack of Ngarava, Chivanga, Blessing and Jongwe and just try to fucking kill them with hostile bowling, put them under pressure. Have Jongwe winding them up with his lip, and have Chivanga and Ngarava bowling with the heat they did in that Logan match a few weeks ago. Every international team seems to give Afghanistan so much love and respect because they are a fairytale story and recently everyone feels sorry for the players. I say do the opposite - they won't like it and they won't cope.

Hopefully the pitch and conditions give their spinners zero assistance. But knowing the curators at HSC they'll probably prepare a dustbowl :lol:
Last edited by secretzimbo on Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Donald

Post by Donald »

I like chivanga I really do. He has great pace. Brian chari and ervine absolutely butchered him in the last match he played. I think he went for almost 30 runs one over.
He hasa knack of getting wickets though. Maybe more of a test player but due to lack of them I guess he can learn his trade in the ODI set up

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Donald wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:13 pm
I like chivanga I really do. He has great pace. Brian chari and ervine absolutely butchered him in the last match he played. I think he went for almost 30 runs one over.
He hasa knack of getting wickets though. Maybe more of a test player but due to lack of them I guess he can learn his trade in the ODI set up
Really a shame hes so old

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:09 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
secretzimbo wrote:

. I'd have a 4-man seam attack of Ngarava, Chivanga, Blessing and Jongwe and just try to fucking kill them with hostile bowling, put them under pressure. Have Jongwe winding them up with his lip, and have Chivanga and Ngarava bowling with the heat they did in that Logan match a few weeks ago.

4-man seam attack of Ngarava, Chivanga, Blessing and Jongwe wouldn't work for Zimbabwe because it a long tail

Madhevere
Chakabva
Ervine
Sean W
Milton
Raza
Burl
That leaves out Marumani and Dion Myer in the lineup for limited overs
With Wellington and Mumba getting good with the bat they might be a better option..

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

sam_ahm wrote:
secretzimbo wrote:

Need a green top like that 1st Test in Abu Dhabi earlier this year.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Donald wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:13 pm
Yeah he’s not a man to keep the run rate low. But he does get wickets and I think in combo with our other lads he will be very menacing. We need to give him a chance anyway - if it doesn’t work then fine. But would think a home series against Afghanistan is the perfect time to find out.

I can’t see someone like Wellington - who I am a big fan of - having much impact against Afghanistan who generally play spin very well. I’d play the big four seamer lads. Probably Burl at 7 and then 6 batsmen. I don’t think that tail is too bad. We have to start expecting our batsmen to score the runs and stop relying on a number 9 or whatever getting a few.