[Match Thread] 1st Test, Zimbabwe vs West Indies

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

[Match Thread] 1st Test, Zimbabwe vs West Indies

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Because Cricinfo is a bunch of useless now I can't find what the start time for the match is. I presume it's about 2 or 2.5 hours from now.
And I guess this is the link to the commentary/scorecard once the game starts - http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1807 ... 18-2017-18

Test cricket is back today!

Brendan Taylor is back today!

Kriterion_BD

Re: [Match Thread] 1st Test, Zimbabwe vs West Indies

Post by Kriterion_BD »

It tells the start time on the main homepage i think.

Its layout is just like the main ESPN site now.

I wanted to start this historic match thread 2 days ago, but felt the honor should go to a true ZIM fan. How fitting it should be BRMT admin who opens the thread to mark BRMT's return to the team! :D :D :D

Anyways, I wont be able to watch live as I will be out of town for a wedding, but I am hoping my willow app works properly so I can live watch the replay. Just hope I can last all day without checking the score, lol.

As an aside, The sharpest rebuke for HHM's theories is that a guy like Kriterion has overnight changed his opinion of ZIM cricket now that Taylor and Jarvis are back (ie that ZIM are now worthy of playing Tests). Its not about results, its about a team that is functional enough to get its best possible lineup on the park. That has been achieved and is not a small feat!

Best wishes for all ZIM fans...may you feel joy and satisfaction with this series!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Provided there is no rain, this thread should break ZCF records for posts!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:52 am
Especially if we bowl first. I don't know if it's just me, but the thought of Jarvis running in with the new ball again is pretty exciting and I reckon many will be tuning in (and logging in here) for it.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Can one of the Aussies please tell me if this match will be televised on Foxtel ?

Might be worth wandering up to the local shithole to watch
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

1 hour away. Can't wait!

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:26 am
Can one of the Aussies please tell me if this match will be televised on Foxtel ?

Might be worth wandering up to the local shithole to watch
Games in Zim are never on Foxtel (except when Australia was there).

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Yeah BRMT I agree it's rare, but I remember clearly going to a local after work in 2011 or 2012 and watching a game where Regis and taibu were batting together. May have been the test against WI or the game against Nz.

I distinctly recall thinking that tibs and Regis looked and played similar and I was struggling to figure out who's who
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:38 am
Yeah BRMT I agree it's rare, but I remember clearly going to a local after work in 2011 or 2012 and watching a game where Regis and taibu were batting together. May have been the test against WI or the game against Nz.

I distinctly recall thinking that tibs and Regis looked and played similar and I was struggling to figure out who's who
I know the one you're thinking of - it was the NZ v Zim Test, the only reason that was broadcast was because Foxtel show all New Zealand home games.

The one exception for Zim home games as far as I recall, was when Foxtel showed one hour highlights of the Zim/SL/Ind tri-series (I think) in 2010.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:52 am
Apparently its raining right now. I hate having a lot of expectations on the game coz Zimbabwe will always find a way to disappoint. But like Kriterion says
Its not about results, its about a team that is functional enough to get its best possible lineup on the park. That has been achieved and is not a small feat!
Fuck who am I kidding it is about how the team plays and they have to play well today. The team has loads of experience and has been playing longer than most of the Windies side perhaps not the same quality of opposition but our team has been around for quite a bit. A first test win over the Windies would be phenominal.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'