[Match Thread] Logan Cup - Tuskers v Mountaineers Dec 3 - 6

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: [Match Thread] Logan Cup - Tuskers v Mountaineers Dec 3 - 6

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Must be playing on a minefield there? Wait. QSC was supposed to be under wraps for rennovation work. Are they indeed playing at QSC or is it BAC? Does that explain low scores?

Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Andybligzz »

Great to see Vitori back , sadly once a action is changed they are never the same . Being used to doing something your whole life then having to change it is always a huge challenge . I hope for zim cricket that he can be the same bowler he once was ! Was awesome when he first burst onto the scene , can only make us better him coming back.
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

Pitch or umpires? :|
Jeremiah Matibiri
Christopher Phiri

There can be no debate that Shingi alongside Chatara are Test XI automatics. Shingi ALWAYS starts every Logan Cup season late. ALWAYS! When ZIM have a strategy of a seamer batsman alongside the two frontline seamers, due to this spinner-8 "batsmen" madness, it becomes hard for many to tolerate the prospect of a Jarvis missing out - hence th eunconscious Shingi sidelining in many XIs(I always wonder who guys would pick if all four of Shingi, Chatara, Vitori and Jarvis were available considering Jarvis's huge lack of pace and penetration now). ZIM prepared spin friendly wickets, and SA did the same when BD visited. Only the skilled seamers coped. I will never forget Jarvis and Vitori predictably flopping against Pakistan in Bulawayo. It was painful to watch. That alone proved why a Shingi is ahead of them. Test bowling is not child's play. I would pick Onions/Siddle ahead of Finn/Coulter-Nile any day in a Test XI.

Williams has scored just one score over 26 in his last 7 innings! Many here will argue his 8 wickets at 30 in the Logan Cup means he deserves to be in the Test side ahead of a Mavuta, Wellington or Chikomba. :?

pariah

Post by pariah »

I really don;t get why Craig and Williams should be batting lower than Chari and even worse the keeper Handirisi!

Surely by now this should no longer be reduced to a HHM-whites issue, but a genuine cricket concern!

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Mutizwa keeping in this game according to cric info. I hope he pushes on

pariah

Post by pariah »

Just wondering about Masuku's international prospects.

Is Masuku Shona or Ndebele?

Streak doesn't seem to mind Matabeles.

I wonder what ZIM cricket fans would say if these surnames were in the XI tomorrow - Ndlovu, Sibanda, Mpofu, Masuku, Ncube, Dabengwa.

It was funny to hear someone say they get excited about whites in ZIM cricket because they are "scarce". For your information Ndebele cricketers are way more endangered than whiteys.

I think Vusi falls under Shonas, which makes his plight even worse. :(

Tom91

Post by Tom91 »

Does it really matter what tribe they belong to. I really can't understand people that get hot and bothered over skin colour or tribalism. Pick the team on merit end of.

pariah

Post by pariah »

Tom91 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:38 pm
Does it really matter what tribe they belong to. I really can't understand people that get hot and bothered over skin colour or tribalism. Pick the team on merit end of.
I too wish it were that simple but its not. ;)

Before I would be tempted to discuss this. But thanks to ZIMDOGGY's efforts, knowing you're 26 makes it pointless.

Tom91

Post by Tom91 »

pariah wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:12 pm
Tom91 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:38 pm
I too wish it were that simple but its not. ;)

Before I would be tempted to discuss this. But thanks to ZIMDOGGY's efforts, knowing you're 26 makes it pointless.
Age is but a number sunshine ;)

pariah

Post by pariah »

An Ian Kaia coming in at 7 and getting a half ton makes me happy. If only Kasuza was at 6 and they were in a lovely partnership.

Today ENG have Root at 3 and Australia have an excellent Smith at 3(often). This wouldn't have been possible if they were sacrificed at County/Shield level.

ZIm is breaking all its best prospects. Just look at how good Chari is. That boy can play. He can really play. But plenty of tough times against the Chataras, Shingis, Chinouyas and Panyangaras etc make it hard for you.

Regis Chakabva is perhaps the best example of what can happen if a good player is not sacrificed too early in their career. It's no wonder he is by far Zimbabwe's best batsman after this senior generation leaves.

It's part of the reason why you will see a Mutombodzi do well in international cricket. For the same reason it's not an accident to see Prince Masvaure not look out of his depth at A or international level. Confidence breeds success, and you build confidence through proper management and introduction to the game.

The sad reality is that batsmen like Malcolm and Mutumbami simply have natural deficiencies in their stance etc which are awkward and wrong. Craig is more assured than them, and that's translated into him doing better than them despite batting in that 5/6 region for some time. Timecyn Maruma is another who has enough confidence and exposure now to back him to do well.

I would bet a lot of money on Jongwe/Nathan getting a Test century than Burl/Kamunhukamwe. It's part of the reason why some people think a Wiaan Mulder is a great prospect. Wait until he bats high like Stiaan van Zyl. He will either be a weaker batsman or bowler. Most likely he will end up being a bowler who can bat a bit or a batsman who bowls seam occasionally.

Out of interest, what is a Mitchell Marsh who bats at number 4 or a Mitchell Marsh who bats at number 8?