Boxing Day Test Ratings

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Boxing Day Test Ratings

Post by Black Mamba »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:43 am
Black Mamba wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:17 am

Point was about taking maiden in test cricket, not taking wicket :) :)
Any part timers can't take maidens in test cricket its taking wickets that matters in test matches.
Not talking about any Black Empowerment policy. A team which gets over within 2 days that too in a four day test dosent deserve any kind of rankings. If they gets, its simply own perspective, just put a question mark on ratings, haven't rated any players.

Geez your grammar is terrible I could barely understand that last post, but I got through it in the end and as I said if you don’t want to rate the players that’s fine but there are people here that enjoy it.

An English Professor on the way :)

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

The top 7 all failed twice so they should all get zero.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Taylor has really disappointed so far in his return. He will of course come right as form is only temporary, but it would have been nice had his return been greeted with an innings of significance.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

eugene wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:25 am
Taylor has really disappointed so far in his return. He will of course come right as form is only temporary, but it would have been nice had his return been greeted with an innings of significance.
I think a lot of the Taylor bashing is overdone. He was never a Lara or Tendulkar and he hasn't completely failed in his comeback. He'll come good.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

You can’t really rate this test.

All of our batters are 1s and 2s. No exception.

And the bowling is skewed because it’s such a bowling track so we don’t know how they woulda gone on a neutral track. Mamba is right, he just went about it in a cruel and unnecessarily demeaning way
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Teams will always be rated after a game you can’t just say they’re all shit no ratings !!!

I gave Raza, BT & Moor all 1’s whilst Ervine, Hami & Burl got an extra point or two for showing some fight.

Chamu did bowl well and also did a good job of seeing off the new ball in the 2nd dig that’s why he got 4, fair enough if people think it is high I try and be positive.

I think Cremer & KJ Bowled well and showed courage with the bat so they got good ratings.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement