Where Do You See Zimbabwean Cricket In 5 years ??

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Where Do You See Zimbabwean Cricket In 5 years ??

Post by sloandog »

We've all wittnessed the fantastic progression and improvment of Zimbabwean Cricket, and the future is certainly looking bright after many years in the dark. So where do you guys see Zimbabwean Cricket in the next 5 years or so ?? In my opinion we'll have a settled side of both white and black players, and possibly back to our old ways of winning :)
That is ofcourse if things stay as they are... :|

CyberShot

Re: Where Do You See Zimbabwean Cricket In 5 years ??

Post by CyberShot »

I think without distabance Zim cricket is going to grow better because the game is now being played in even remote areas . When walking around most high density surburbs you can't help seeing small kids playing cricket in streets with makeshift bats and tennis balls and that sight was even unimaginable when I was growing up.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

I think the next election (penned in for next year) will decide the future direction of Zimbabwe cricket.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

zimfan1 wrote:I think the next election (penned in for next year) will decide the future direction of Zimbabwe cricket.
Ya good point. Fingers crossed

Flower power
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Flower power »

One of the top four cricket playing countries , if the momentum on proessionalisng cricket continues and the grassroots start getting the support they have always had. Its going to be the nursery for international clubs .

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

The future of Zimbabwean cricket is all dependent on one group of people - ZANU-PF. The elction next year is crucial. I imagine ZANU-PF will be firing on all cylinders after the embarrasment of having to share power with MDC.

Politics aside I think Zimbabwe will continue to lose many young white players to the UK, Australia, and New Zealand but I also think many will decide to stay and along with the increasing number of black players I think we can only improve. But five years is a long time in cricket - particularly in Zimbabwean cricket.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

One more thing, Ray Price will still be leading by example, both with ball and sledging.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

eugene wrote:The future of Zimbabwean cricket is all dependent on one group of people - ZANU-PF. The elction next year is crucial. I imagine ZANU-PF will be firing on all cylinders after the embarrasment of having to share power with MDC.

Politics aside I think Zimbabwe will continue to lose many young white players to the UK, Australia, and New Zealand but I also think many will decide to stay and along with the increasing number of black players I think we can only improve. But five years is a long time in cricket - particularly in Zimbabwean cricket.
True, i agree.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

eugene wrote:One more thing, Ray Price will still be leading by example, both with ball and sledging.
Ofcourse he will lol. Nobody's going to stop that mouth for a long long time 8-)

shumbat

Post by shumbat »

Politics aside, 5 years time Zim will be competitive in Test Cricket, i think Zimbabweans are more talented in cricket than soccer, since 1980, we have had only 3 players in the English Premier league, but in County cricket, you name them. Its very encouraging that there is a lot of cricket playing schools now in Zim, and with record crowds in the domestic T20, things will only get better, there are lots of cricket lovers, its up to the team to perform. Hopefully the team will be well intergrated, like our rugby squad which is picked on merit.