Vitori Suspended

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Zero76

Re: Vitori Suspended

Post by Zero76 »

Dissapointing but not massively surprising, feel sorry for BV but perhaps time to move on now. Glad Ngarava gets the call up, I like Bobby but he is well and truly a known quantity, would rather see a youth focus when it comes to pace bowling.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:35 pm
A far cry from when Panyangara and Tiripano or Madziva had the ball in their hands.
Panyangara was a class bowler. Mattew Hayden will attest to that. One of the best seamers we have ever had. Our seam attack who be far better with the ball in his hands.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

They should have called Bobby up instead of Ngarava. At least he has some experience and a decent slower ball. Chris Gayle will absolutely destroy Ngarava.

From what I am picking up they suspended him until he goes for the test so if he does go for the test and he passes it he should be able to come back.

It's going to be close. I think his action looks like he is chucking but don't forget he said that he missed the cut off by 1 degree last time he got banned. So he might actually be ok.

If the team really thinks he isn't then he should be in South Africa already doing the test.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

I feel for the guy but I think the fact he got reported twice and really didn't change his action was a big mistake

He said in an interview his action was only out by 1 degree so when he went for re-testing he probably just concentrated on keeping his arm straighter, once you're in the heat of battle that goes out the window

We all marvel at how he get so much pace from a his action and body type which makes me tend to think he is chucking.

I really feel for him he would be in a dark place now
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/ ... ssed-legal

For some reason the ICC aren't properly testing the bowlers. They are banning or clearing them based on videographic evidence as opposed to measurements.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)