#ZCBOARD MUST GO

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Bele

Re: #ZCBOARD MUST GO

Post by Bele »

As I said before this will all end in tears after this current crop of players there is no one,absolutely no one who can do a job on the international stage,this is the boards own fault and will ultimately be their downfall.No matter how much they kick,scream and hang on there will be no players of any substance and the only cricket the board members know are the one in their lawns!!!!

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Cricket in Zimbabwe currently has two paths, immediate death under ICC suspension or a slower death under the current ZC administration. I am not sure which one is preferable. Cricket is finally turning around in the USA after years of the USACA debacle - it took the ICC a good 10-15 years before they stepped in and said enough is enough. Maybe a lesson for Zimbabwe there? Perhaps cricket in Zimbabwe needs ot rise from the ashes of extinction, even if it is at an associate level?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Zimco

Post by Zimco »

The third and most suitable in my opinion, the India Supreme Court in 2017 appointed a new BCCI board after they were having problems. Best step for zim along with a serious investigation into past dealings http://www.newindianexpress.com/sport/c ... 82--1.html

Zimco

Post by Zimco »

Zimco wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:05 pm
The third and most suitable in my opinion, the India Supreme Court in 2017 appointed a new BCCI board after they were having problems. Best step for zim along with an investigation into past dealings http://www.newindianexpress.com/sport/c ... 82--1.html

Googly

Post by Googly »

Unless SRC do something this week, that’s if they have capacity to do anything they’re leaving it late.
They just have to announce to stake holders that they’ve had enough of the clever tricks and they’re not budging. Just announce cricket is finished. Put the ball firmly in the court of the people that rely on cricket for a living to turn the screws on the ZC board. No more begging letters to Coventry and whoever else. This board is being protected by a tiny minority.

Googly

Post by Googly »

This also establishes people’s real willingness to change things. If they just want to sit there and grumble about $1 a day then it’s not worth saving is it? There’s people like myself that know there’s no future under the current regime but we’re not actively involved and derive no benefit. It’s the people on the ground that make a living from this game that have to take a teaspoon of cement and do something about it. They need to be told it’s finished, find another job, or do something about this.
Other jobs pay more if u can find them :lol: but there’s none that rewuireonly a couple of hours work a day, except for other government jobs :lol:

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Just read that letter by Masakadza. Looks more like a dictated letter than coming from the heart obviously. Accepting the captaincy has brought with it this slippery slope to ignominy. I'm now wondering if he even had a choice when taking up the captaincy. He must have already become a puppet by then (or has always been) and the masters are using him as a pawn and collateral damage. Or he is in it by choice. Either way, a disastrous way to end a decent career.

Also idiotic and naive was Raza and Taylor going to the ICC meeting. Whoever thought that was a bright idea to send them there (or for themselves to go there) must be out of their minds. Massively compromised any case the SRC and the interim board would have had.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Those leaked texts were bad. Very bad. I want to know what happened on that tour. Watching BT play a lot of those games he didnt seem to care at all. Not 1 bit.

I think we just might need to start again. From scratch. Missing the t20 world cup might be good for us because some guys are just holding on for that last paycheck.

I dont think Hami is alone in this. I will admit that us Southern Africans will have a lot to say behind people's backs unlike West Africans for example. I am sure on that plane ride back a lot was being said when BT and Raza were in the UK.

Also who exactly advised them to go the ICC meeting. They need to come clean there.

We are in trouble guys. If ZC wins this fight BT and Raza are gone. I am hoping there is a compromise so at least Mlotshwa can make sure they dont pay for this. BT signed a 4 year contract I think. Thet can technically refuse to give him a NOC for the next 2 years. He would be done. These guys are vindictive like that.

kudet
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by kudet »

TapsC wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:29 am
Those leaked texts were bad. Very bad. I want to know what happened on that tour. Watching BT play a lot of those games he didnt seem to care at all. Not 1 bit.

I think we just might need to start again. From scratch. Missing the t20 world cup might be good for us because some guys are just holding on for that last paycheck.

I dont think Hami is alone in this. I will admit that us Southern Africans will have a lot to say behind people's backs unlike West Africans for example. I am sure on that plane ride back a lot was being said when BT and Raza were in the UK.

Also who exactly advised them to go the ICC meeting. They need to come clean there.

We are in trouble guys. If ZC wins this fight BT and Raza are gone. I am hoping there is a compromise so at least Mlotshwa can make sure they dont pay for this. BT signed a 4 year contract I think. Thet can technically refuse to give him a NOC for the next 2 years. He would be done. These guys are vindictive like that.

I agree with you on that one Taps, those 2 are as good as gone and with makoni at the Helm after the raza fiasco last year, they will cut him out. If you listened to that Raza Interview where he mentions about the Solly Mire retirement, a lot was said in the dressing room after the 3rd T20 and surely Details will Emerge. Hammy wasnt alone in all this but him having to sell his other 2 comrades Down the River was uncalled for and to me personally it Shows that he has no command of the change room.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

TapsC wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:29 am

I'm thinking one of two things happened.

1) Some of the players said we need to go plead the players case and no one took charge, So Raza being the active member he is took that charge and asked BT for help because of his experience.

2) The players were invited and Hammy chose not to go, so the other players felt that that cannot happen and that the players need to have a say, so decided to send two players to speak on their behalf. Unfortunately this is where a divide came in.

What i am finding very distressing is how all the fingers seem to be pointed at BT and the white guys, yet they have nothing to answer for. They seem to be blamed for leadership and the failure of the recent tours and Hammy gets away with it. The stats of those 9 games speak for themselves.

BT scored 243 runs
Ervine scored 467
Williams scored 272
Raza scored 165 (played 8 games)

Hammy scored 67

Did not include PJ as he did not play in all of the games. Only included those being discussed and who played in all 9 games.