Zim Gets A Lifeline from the ICC

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Zim Gets A Lifeline from the ICC

Post by Googly »

The ICC reminds me of the UN, a bloated corrupt old boys club not really intent on doing anything meaningful.
There is nothing stopping then nominating the people they wish to see run cricket in this country. It will be welcomed by all knowledgeable cricket lovers here. There’s not many of us, I have to say.
There are less cricketers in Zimbabwe than one town in Yorkshire. There is no need to have more than one board with 3 or 4 people on it and maybe 2 or 3 people actively managing the day to day stuff. The tragic part is that not even the people that could take over the reins want this, they want their turn at the trough.

Googly

Post by Googly »

What does it tell you that they always have to have a white guy as window dressing and invariably he’s just as much of a cockroach.

Googly

Post by Googly »

And the audited accounts thing is a joke. It’s been proven that the auditors are just as incompetent and corrupt.
If that loan was legitimate they would have cleared the air a long time ago as to why that huge amount was required, never mind the interest rate.
If it is legitimate then sign it off, if it’s not then demand that’s the perpetrators be brought to book and prosecuted. It’s either one or the other.
Let me tell you as a fact that’s these supposed measures just allow us to limp along. The rebirth of cricket here, which is what we urgently require in order to become competitive again is not going to happen.