[Match Thread]: Zim T20 Tri Series: 6th Match : ZIM vs AUS

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: [Match Thread]: Zim T20 Tri Series: 6th Match : ZIM vs AUS

Post by sam_ahm »

Zimbabwe need to groom youngsters instead of wasting time on the likes of Chigumbura and Mazakadza who are past their best. Even Zhuwao is not good enough, too much if a hit and miss.

Musakanda did well, to be honest I was impressed with the way mavuta bowled, he looks a good prospect, Moor has done well. They should groom Murray as a full time WKB, he looks like a very fine WK. Blessing Muzrabani is a very exciting young bowler, the more I see 8f him the more I'm impressed and all these are youngsters.

If Taylor, Raza, Cremer and Mire can hang around and possibly Williams, I think this can be a good squad of youth and experience and the youngsters can learn from the seniors. Jarvis is there as well.

Zimbabwe have shown that they have the depth, it's not all that doom and gloom, all that is required is for these young players to get more exposure and proper grooming.

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

sam_ahm wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:55 am
Zimbabwe need to groom youngsters instead of wasting time on the likes of Chigumbura and Mazakadza who are past their best. Even Zhuwao is not good enough, too much if a hit and miss.

Musakanda did well, to be honest I was impressed with the way mavuta bowled, he looks a good prospect, Moor has done well. They should groom Murray as a full time WKB, he looks like a very fine WK. Blessing Muzrabani is a very exciting young bowler, the more I see 8f him the more I'm impressed and all these are youngsters.

If Taylor, Raza, Cremer and Mire can hang around and possibly Williams, I think this can be a good squad of youth and experience and the youngsters can learn from the seniors. Jarvis is there as well.

Zimbabwe have shown that they have the depth, it's not all that doom and gloom, all that is required is for these young players to get more exposure and proper grooming.
Selectors are with failures.... so grooming young players does't seems possible

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Yeah I think for ODIs Mire Moor Tari Blessing and Burl (we might as well add chari since him and burl have both had slow starts to their career) need to be given game time from now on.
Add Cremer Jarvis BT Ervine Williams and Raza and we have a team. Chisoro also looks good. Its not the worst team. They just need consistency and a new/young leader for me. Waller and Hami should stop playing ODIs to give the younger guys a chance.

What I dont know is whether the other rising stars like Kamhunukamwe and Tsiga are good enough or if the domestic scene made them look better than they are

NickG
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by NickG »

Every time I've seen Zhuwao play he looks awful, yet ZC enforced his selection on Streak and Taibu for the WCQ. He just stands there, no feet movement and tries to launch every ball into the next stratosphere. I can assure you Kamunhukamwe and Tsiga are better players than that...

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Zhuwao is essentially a poor mans Piet Rinke.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes