[Match Thread]: Zim T20 Tri Series: 6th Match : ZIM vs AUS

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: [Match Thread]: Zim T20 Tri Series: 6th Match : ZIM vs AUS

Post by sam_ahm »

Good performance by Zimbabwe, in the last two games I thought another 15 runs with the bat and they would have won them both. Great to see them compete. That overthrow by Waller and a poor call on wide ball didn't help Zim cause at all.

Anyways, ODIs are Zimbabwe's most suited format, even a couple of wins against Pakistan will be a very good result. Raza coming back will be a big boost. I hope Taylor comes back too.

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Zimbabwe can't even won the T20 matches, even in the presence of Cremer, Taylor, Raza, Williams as the bowling unit is very poor, none of the bowlers have threatening factor to trouble the batsman

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya Australia look a little light. I’m surprised Stoinis bats so far down and equally surprised that Agar makes the grade, he’s definitely related to a selector! I wonder what’s happened to their red headed Leggie from their u19 squad? He looked really useful.

Googly

Post by Googly »

There’s an Aussie that plays Surrey Two’s called Green, he’s a damned fine player.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Googly wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:13 pm
Ya Australia look a little light. I’m surprised Stoinis bats so far down and equally surprised that Agar makes the grade, he’s definitely related to a selector! I wonder what’s happened to their red headed Leggie from their u19 squad? He looked really useful.
The one guy. Madinson I think is his name, looked very very ordinary. Looked up his stats too.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya Aussie selection has always stirred controversy. People have always complained with some justification towards bias towards NSW players.
Where are the Marsh brothers, Mckay, Henriques and a few others?

kudet
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by kudet »

maddinson has never lit up the world, was given a go in the test team and it was not all rosy for him, took a sabbatical from his franchise as well. could be a version of stuart matsikenyeri/timycen maruma.. good but doesnt live upto expectation.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Look no further than the old war horse Brad Hodge

kudet
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by kudet »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:53 am
Hopefully this is the last of Chigumbura. Doesn't deserve to be near the Zim side in any format. Why we blood youngsters over players like him is beyond me. That's what streaky was trying to do but now all that work is undone. Tari is an example of getting more youth in.

Also, we have absolutely no game plan. We always open with a spinner no matter what. Pitch could be moving around and we'd still use spin. It's sad to watch.

A lot more tactical issues but just needed to get that said.
taking it from chawaguta's words that he had fallen out of favour and he is a reliable player, im afraid that will not be the end of chiggy but be rest assured that he will be getting more game time in that team even if he scores ducks. he is now what waller was in streaky's team (the mascot :D )

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

Maddinson & Wildermuth are the two selection errors and horrible picks in this series. Shaun Marsh or Usman Khawaja should have been picked over Maddinson. If I'm not wrong Maddinson even doesn't have a state contract anymore.

Jack Wildermuth did nothing domestically to warrant selection. I would have picked Henriques or Christian. Mitchell Marsh is injured.

Ashton Agar is a coach favorite for sure, from the time Langer was there with WA & Perth Scorchers. He is often preferred over the Zampas, Swepsons & Lyons in the shorter format because he can bat a bit. He is often placed at no 7 in the batting order but definitely he's not a no 7. No 8 at best.