Donald Tiripano to Open the batting

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Donald Tiripano to Open the batting

Post by zimlover »

I know the criticism is going to very intense on this one, after watching the ODI series and most games and even Test, I think the selectors should late Donald Tiripano open the batting in Test and ODI cricket or even play the famous no 3 spot.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Donald Tiripano to Open the batting

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

On the contrary, you'll find a lot of support for this. It is not the worst idea to have him open the batting in tests, and may be in ODIs too, to give some stability at the top of the order. Could easily mitigate the Mire problem we have right now.

Sir Don Tiripano!

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

I honestly think if he gave away the bowling and concentrated on batting he could be one of our better batsman.

Not sure it’s fair making him open the batting whilst still being a first string bowler, but having him in the tail always makes me feel more comfortable.

Definitely one Zimbo who hasn’t gotten more out of his skill set than some of his more naturally blessed team mates.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

I like the idea. A reverse-pinch hitter to stop the bleeding before it starts

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:04 am
I like the idea. A reverse-pinch hitter to stop the bleeding before it starts
Reverse pinch hitter :lol: :lol:

Stoneman Returns

Post by Stoneman Returns »

Tiripano better then Chigumbura & Chibhabha at present situation... but demanding batting performance from him is a huge ask. Zimbabwe domestic cricket lacks quality bowling as a result he is top of the charts among most run getters because he has high level of concentration.His role is still a bowler with variation and is an asset in shorter format cricket who has the ability to hung around.

If any allrounder has the ability to open the batting its Luke Jongwe, he is someone strongly build bowls at higher 140+ which was seen even in dry non pacers suppportive pitches of UAE. ZC should solve issues with him and include him in the upcomming tours.

Ntini has damaged confidence in him by dropping him in that incident when he was looking good and the board still doesnt have concern about talented cricketer like him
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

Have to say that this is a pretty silly thread title, where does the OP get the information from that Tiripano will open the batting? if there are no facts to back it up then it should, at the very least, have a question mark

As for Jongwe, what on earth is the basis for talking about him? he's played no cricket whatsoever since last December and hasn't played a 20 over game since February 2016, calling for him to be selected is almost as dumb as having Chigumbura taking up place in the side, small wonder that Zim cricket is going further downhill every day if anyone in their right mind is calling for a failure like Jongwe to represent the national side

Stoneman Returns

Post by Stoneman Returns »

Train Driver wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:29 pm
Have to say that this is a pretty silly thread title, where does the OP get the information from that Tiripano will open the batting? if there are no facts to back it up then it should, at the very least, have a question mark

As for Jongwe, what on earth is the basis for talking about him? he's played no cricket whatsoever since last December and hasn't played a 20 over game since February 2016, calling for him to be selected is almost as dumb as having Chigumbura taking up place in the side, small wonder that Zim cricket is going further downhill every day if anyone in their right mind is calling for a failure like Jongwe to represent the national side
How will Jongwe be selected.? He and Chisoro had an issue with the board regarding discipline as both were baned by Ntini, Chisoro came out whereas Jongwe has been continuosly neglected even in A tours.
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I am a Jongwe fan but to be fair he hasn’t done anything to gain a recall

Super talent though
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:43 pm
I am a Jongwe fan but to be fair he hasn’t done anything to gain a recall

Super talent though
He always looked like a young version of Mire to me from what I saw.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)