Lalchand rajput's Short term Evaluation

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Lalchand rajput's Short term Evaluation

Post by sloandog »

Is Van der Bilj still in the mix

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Does he have any key performance indicators like they had for Streak? The t20 world cup should be a given considering that it has more teams.

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:03 pm
TapsC wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:10 am
The first brave step would be to name a younger captain. That is a clear sign of a change of direction.
It would be brave because all of the younger players have stunk it up when given a chance.

There's a theory that you should 1st pick your captain then pick your side, I don't agree with that. I've always found it ridiculous that you would have a player in the side just because he is a good captain or leader, you need to pick your side first then pick the captain.

By appointing a younger player you would be applying the first theory I mentioned because none of the younger guys really have cemented their spot in the side except for maybe PJ but even he really is lucky to be in the limited overs sides.

Picking someone like Tari to captain would be a terrible idea right now.
Could not agree with this more . The great man Shane Warne has always said exactly this .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Andybligzz wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:24 pm
jaybro wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:03 pm
TapsC wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:10 am
The first brave step would be to name a younger captain. That is a clear sign of a change of direction.
It would be brave because all of the younger players have stunk it up when given a chance.

There's a theory that you should 1st pick your captain then pick your side, I don't agree with that. I've always found it ridiculous that you would have a player in the side just because he is a good captain or leader, you need to pick your side first then pick the captain.

By appointing a younger player you would be applying the first theory I mentioned because none of the younger guys really have cemented their spot in the side except for maybe PJ but even he really is lucky to be in the limited overs sides.

Picking someone like Tari to captain would be a terrible idea right now.
Could not agree with this more . The great man Shane Warne has always said exactly this .
Just seems common sense.

Besides, how can you expect a senior player to truly respect a younger player with a batting average 6 runs lower?

there may be professional tolerance but not real inner respect in the same way the players respect Streak or someone.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Ya , to me BT is our best player and most respected world wide , he should be captain and always should have been.Hammy just seems a lost soul who’s very close to pulling stumps on his career. Still believe Cremer was harshly dropped from the captaincy
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I’m not totally against young captains but only if they’re going to be captain for a long time. Looking at Zimbabwe they seem to like changing captions every two years or so ( sometimes sooner) so they find themselves in the situation where the side is filled with former captains. Right now if they did sack Hamilton and give PJ Moor the captaincy PJ would find himself being the youngest player in the side with four former captains in the side plus Raza who has also captained on occasion.

Some people will say that’s a good way for a young captain to be nurtured into the role having former captains to guide them, but I think it will only undermine them, it’s already very clear that some senior guys out there call the shots despite them not being the man with the little c.

It has worked for Graeme Smith when he was made captain at a young age with a senior playing group around him, but he only had the one former captain in the side with him Shaun Pollock.

I think they should stick with Hamilton for now, the side doesn’t need another change in captaincy.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:15 am
Is Van der Bilj still in the mix
I believe his role was only as a consultant so I doubt he is hands on 24/7 but I think he still has a role
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

Running interference for ZC at ICC. The treachery of the Dutchman :lol:
Hopefully Malema gets him.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

What would you guys think of Jarvis as skipper?

At 27, he's one of our youngest and one of the first picked and experienced/worldly by Zim standards.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:43 am
What would you guys think of Jarvis as skipper?

At 27, he's one of our youngest and one of the first picked and experienced/worldly by Zim standards.
He would be a great addition and seems very patriotic but we have barely any quality fast bowlers and he’s one we dont want with any extra pressure . He just needs to run in and continue bowling gems