The Curran Family

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: The Curran Family

Post by jaybro »

Yeah I agree, the idea that guys like Ballance, the Curran Bros or any other Zimbo that has played international cricket for another nation would return to Zimbabwe is far fetched and won't happen imo.

ZC should be focused on making sure the likes of Muyeye, Matigmu, Roache, Dane Schadendoorf & Welch don't play for England and play for Zimbabwe.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

The only possibility I think is Ben. If you think you have a sniff for England you will never consider Zim. I think that is what we will see with Muyeye and Byrom as well. As long as they think they have a chance they won’t. Also if you play for one of the big T20 leagues you won’t .

What might happen in the future is if this format of the ODI World Cup stays we could get somebody wanting a chance but only for the actual tournament and not before.

The most interesting period we will have here is when the big 4 retire probably in 2023 and ZC is forced to import. They will be thinking about survival and will pay top dollar. Until then don’t expect much.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:38 pm
Yeah I agree, the idea that guys like Ballance, the Curran Bros or any other Zimbo that has played international cricket for another nation would return to Zimbabwe is far fetched and won't happen imo.

ZC should be focused on making sure the likes of Muyeye, Matigmu, Roache, Dane Schadendoorf & Welch don't play for England and play for Zimbabwe.

When you add in the likes of Wes, Murray, Blessing, Zumba, Myers...you actually have a pretty damn good squad. I'm also sure I'm missing some guys too. Evans...

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Tawanda Muyeye is an interesting one, he obviously cares about Zimbabwe as he is always tweeting about Zimbabwe, the problem is it’s usually tweets being critical of ZANU.

So I feel his heart is with Zimbabwe, but is he making a big enemy that would make things unsafe for him to return ?

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

Not a bad tactic, seek asylum in the uk

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:10 pm
Tom Curran will never consider a career for Zimbabwe :lol:
I know why you have reacted this way, but it’s sad.
It shouldn’t be so difficult to get people to play for their country in international sport.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

franco vazquez

Post by franco vazquez »

Tom Curran is really average. He is lucky that he is still playing for England and in IPL. I think about T20 leagues its not as bad as people think, A lot of Zimbabwe players can get a shoe in BPL, T10, PSL. Zimbabwe should look to get Ben Curran in and other Zimbabwean players like Byrom etc.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Sam Curran nearly pulled off an amazing run-chase for England over night, he ended up on 95* off 83 balls s England fell short by 7 runs.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/eng ... -scorecard

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Missing Currans is huge loss for Zimbabwe

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Yup! Saw the game yesterday, Sam played really well. He probably should have shown more faith in Mark Wood, denied far too many singles and in the end they lost by just 7 runs.