[Match Thread] Zim v IRL: ODI 2

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: [Match Thread] Zim v IRL: ODI 2

Post by Googly »

Burl is an onside player but looking to clear and hit over off, Tiripano is an offside player and looking to play his big shots over leg? Doesn’t make sense.

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

235/9. Burl run out 53.

No way he was going to make the 2nd run.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

maehara wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:24 pm
Plenty of nervous Ireland fans up on the balcony here. And about 3 nervous Zim fans at the ground...
How many people were at the match in total? Were the tickets free?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

£15 entry. About 200-250 people maybe.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Another match and another defeat for Zimbabwe. This really looks to be a lost cause.

I hope whatever is happening at ZC just works out somehow, that is the only hope. A complete overhaul, some better people in charge and somehow turn this team around.

If the best Zimbabwe XI is going to lose 5 out of 6 games to Netherlands and Ireland, then there is nothing much to look forward to, tbh.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Jeez that was disappointing. He played really well for not having been in that situation too often, but should have played a few shots earlier, not easy though, some good bowling. Also should have taken on a bit more strike earlier on and a couple of two’s would have really helped, they were on in front of square but the dink behind is his default shot. That penultimate over was as good as the being the last over and he could have engineered that a bit better, but I enjoyed watching him nonetheless. Great game. The Don is really limited but played very very well with the tools at his disposal, cool customer. Burl looks like his big shots need to be over cow and mid wicket, it’s how he sets up, but then wants to go big over cover? That loss hurt us, the lads are going to get roasted on social media.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Why Moor was left out today? And has Hamilton ever won an ODI as a captain? If not, why is he the captain?

kudet
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by kudet »

as usual, we bowl well, and then bat shit.. its becoming increasingly hard to justify hamis place in the team, he is at a point in time where he has to quit limited overs cricket for crying out loud, ryan burl has to bat up the order and solz should be at 7/8. i dont know what the selectors see in richy that we dont but meh, that was an awful stay in the middle. what will it take for them to see which player has to take up which batting position.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Hammy’s win/loss record as captain but make scary reading, and it’s not like he’s leading from the front and others letting him down either. Solly shouldn’t be up front either. I don’t see any other option but to open with Burl. We desperately need one, if not two new openers. PJ has to be in that side, if he was dropped then the selectors don’t know anything. PJ should also keep unless BT is prepared to make more effort. With a different selection panel you’d think Murray would be on the radar because he’s our best keeper, but his batting is not what it should be, but he’s got what it takes I reckon.
We’re flogging a couple of dead horses here.
If I were to be really critical and I don’t like going after individual players because I know how hard it is, but Raza lost us that game today. That was amateurish what he did. He was in and playing well, he didn’t need to do that. Anyone can go out early, but once you get set you have to do better than that.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Why is Mutumbami selected if he is not keeping?

Why is Burl used as a front line spinner?

Why was Raza not used earlier in the bowling?

Why did Mire not bowl out his 10?

When will people start to admit that Hammy is finished? Even in the field he shows nothing. No one would think he is a captain. He is the least captain captain I have seen.

What exactly is our game plan and strategy? Usually you can tell how a team is meant to play and what the plan is, but not our guys. Chop and change and selection which make absolutely no sense. To me, this says the coach has no clue and his coaching staff are just as inept.

So many questions that demand answers, but we will never get them. It's an absolute shambles. We struggle to get to 230, yet every other team above us is easily making it past 250 and close to 300. We just keep dropping further and further down the rankings.

Screw your quota and your board. All the hard work done by those guys to get Zim to be a test playing nation and these criminals destroy it for their own personal glory.