Solomon Mire announces international retirement

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Solomon Mire announces international retirement

Post by Stoneman Returns »

https://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/109 ... retirement

Zimbabwe allrounder Solomon Mire has announced his retirement from international cricket across all formats. Making the announcement via an Instagram post, Mire revealed that he made up his mind on quitting Zimbabwe cricket and informed his teammates and staff after the Ireland tour.
"I informed the players and tech staff of my decision at the end of the recent tour and wanted to formally announce my decision to retire from Zimbabwe Cricket in all formats with immediate effect," Mire said in a statement. "It is unfortunate and untimely however to leave under the current circumstances that are out of my control but i have decided to take a step in a new direction."
Mire first made an impact in Australia in Grade cricket which earned him a spot in the Melbourne Renegades squad for the 2013-14 Big Bash. He then made his international debut in November 2014 where he went wicketless and scored only 11.
Even though he made it to the 2015 World Cup squad, Mire hasn't been a constant feature in the Zimbabwe XI over the years. He finishes his international career having played two Tests, 47 ODIs and nine T20Is. His career highlight was the century he made in Zimbabwe's memorable win over Sri Lanka two years ago where his side chased down 317 with 14 balls to spare.
"Representing my country at the highest level for me has been the highest honour and service i could ever give and I have been extremely privileged to have been afforded the opportunity," he further added.
"My short career has been a roller coaster of highs and lows, stops and starts, frustrations and joys but will be one I shall look upon and cherish for the once in a lifetime opportunity I was lucky enough to experience and for that i would like to express my gratitude. I can say without a doubt that sport and in particular international cricket will always be my biggest lesson in life."

With Zimbabwe currently suspended by the ICC, more players are expected to take a similar route and announce their international retirements. :o
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: Solomon Mire announces international retirement

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Will always be remembered for that hundred against Sri Lanka.
There's not that many Zim players who have scored hundreds against top 9 countries, away from home no less.

Thanks for the entertainment :6:

How many more will follow him?

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

Hasn’t Raza retired?

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

Zimco wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:35 am
Hasn’t Raza retired?
Let's hope Hami, Chibhabha, Chigs and Vusi follow

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

What's the status of Solomon Mire these days ? Does he play any cricket anymore ?

ilovearsenal04
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by ilovearsenal04 »

Saw his IG some time back, he seems to be enjoying life in Straya drinking with his friends and family a lot
The higher you go the cooler it becomes.

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

I saw recently on social media that he had joined Melbourne Grammar as a coach I think