SHIT! Zimbabwe lost to Singapore

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
chesterton

Re: SHIT! Zimbabwe lost to Singapore

Post by chesterton »

For what it’s worth,
My two cents is that the whole 90s was a bungle in SA. Every part of it.

Mandela was trying to unite the country in a very turbulent time and he had to juggle butter and twisted blacks and a jaded white population.

He managed to get the Springboks firing (after keeping them alive) despite the best efforts of black Africans who wanted to kill them off to get back at the whites.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Encore take a look on Hershelle Gibbs’ Twitter, he’s questioned De Bruyn’s and Bavuma’s continued presence and it’s caused a shit-storm. And mentioned that Duminy was basically a quota selection. All the illogical tweets coming from guys that think he’s owed a spot, it’s just racist, the minute you guys get the definition of that squared away we can all move forward. You’ve got De Bruyn and Bavuma averaging less than 20 for the season. Bavuma making noise about being left out of white ball, shouldn’t be in the test side and tipped to be the next Proteas captain.
My bet is on the captaincy.
Having said that I rate the guy and think he should be given a few more goes. India is not a fair place to be consigned to the dustbin. You’ve got Hendricks, VD Dussen and maybe Klaasen in the wings. I love Klaasen!! Proper DF.
Throw in the young kid that shouldn’t be there at 8 in the soon to be dead rubber game and see how he goes :lol: I’ve seen him play and he’s a proper talent. I can sniff a good batsman from 1000 paces and clearly I’m not the only one. He’s the next Markram type backstop whilst they experiment with marginal guys hoping for a miracle.

Googly

Post by Googly »

And on that note I’ve got one word for the ZC muppets- Muyeye!!
He follows this. See if you’ve got South African heritage, it can be invented with a few grand, they will leap upon you like paedophiles in a toy shop.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Everyone is pleased with Manyonga’s performance, and it was decent. Tawanda Muyeye has more talent in his baby finger than Manyonga. Nothing against him, but occasionally you get Jesus smiling on one guy and blessing him with an over abundance of ability. It’s not fair but it’s life.

encore
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by encore »

Like I said Googly...
encore wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:30 pm
Googly you can be fantasically exhilarating I'll give you that, but you're absolutely horrible at spelling doom. If it were up to you Thanos would have been a sloth that's high.
You're a fictional disaster
Voice of reason.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

chesterton wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:18 pm

Ok brother, you rented a Copy of Invictus at a DVD machine at your local Coles and now you are an expert and student of Africa. Got it.

Mandela was facing adversity from all angles. Watch more YouTube and less movies
chesterton wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:21 pm
For what it’s worth,
My two cents is that the whole 90s was a bungle in SA. Every part of it.

Mandela was trying to unite the country in a very turbulent time and he had to juggle butter and twisted blacks and a jaded white population.

He managed to get the Springboks firing (after keeping them alive) despite the best efforts of black Africans who wanted to kill them off to get back at the whites.
Do you just forget what you write? Honestly, what you wrote in the second part is literally what I said in my post, then you accuse me of just renting videos (which Coles don't do because they are a supermarket) and not knowing my stuff. Hahah

I studied the 95 WC and Mandela in depth. I'm no bit part individual. So next time you want to accuse me of something, try to have facts.

Googly

Post by Googly »

encore wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:53 pm
Like I said Googly...
encore wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:30 pm
Googly you can be fantasically exhilarating I'll give you that, but you're absolutely horrible at spelling doom. If it were up to you Thanos would have been a sloth that's high.
You're a fictional disaster
That’s an oxymoron is it not? :lol:

CSA can’t even give Kirsten a job, looks like he’ll coach England. What a slap in the face for someone who has dedicated his life to SA cricket. He’s not getting the job because he won’t tolerate the bullshit and interference from Board members and politicians that know diddly. CSA appoint Nkwe who went from club coach to Lions to interim Proteas coach when you’ve got Kirsten, Barnes, Boucher etc, all with years of Indian experience. I was wondering what was going on on that balcony. Faf is sitting there in isolation. Your response- he’s the problem, he must go :lol:
CSA may end up appointing Moores. The irony of Kirsten going to England and an Englishman coming to SA to replace a political appointment goes sailing over your heads at 200 KPH.

Googly

Post by Googly »

https://www.icc-cricket.com/video/604154

Here’s Matt Breetzke, the kid you don’t think is very good. :lol: Don’t worry you’re not alone, he’d be overlooked here as well.

Googly

Post by Googly »

When you see a young man play a back foot punch over extra you sit up and grab the popcorn because there aren’t many that can do that at any level.

Googly

Post by Googly »

The guy everybody needs is Cook’s brother, he coaches for Kirsten. The man is a genius coach, when he speaks even Kirsten listens. He spends his time teaching wannabes at Kirsten’s academy and once a week in the townships to prove there’s brotherly love when he should be coaching at the highest levels. He’s the guy we need here, give this dude Muyeye, Masakanda, Myers, etc etc and he’d deliver us some serious batters.
Being a top ex cricketer is no guarantee that you’re going to be a top coach. All these ex cricketers get soft jobs in commentary and coaching as a sort of retirement benefit and it’s their boards basically acknowledging they’ve underpaid them for 15 years :lol:
Those who can do, those who can’t teach is a fair rule of thumb. :lol: