Gus Mackay appointed CEO of Cricket Scotland

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: Gus Mackay appointed CEO of Cricket Scotland

Post by sam_ahm »

Well at least the team appears to be bonding well SZ, we haven't seen any instances of white players accusing of discrimination, and the players seem to be very supportive of each other, they have appointed Ervine and Williams as their captains, BT was the captain no so long ago. Dave, Streak, Klusener have been / are national coaches. So at least on that front they aren't doing that bad.

As for cricket Scotland I think this is quite a severe blow, we will have to see how their cricket goes from here as they are only an associate nation and it may have an impact on cricketing nations wanting to play them. The board has resigned, so at least that is the good part.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Why is that the good part? Surely people need to hear what has been alleged, then it needs to be proven. The onus is on proving guilt, not innocence.
I'm not disputing there's probably some smoke, but this smacks of people running away in terror when someone plays a race card, an LBGPQTRZ card, a transgender card or whatever other card.
I doubt that en masse they were actively discriminating against anyone, and in light of recent events I would think it was something historic. Nobody disputes thst subtle and not so subtle racism exists everywhere, hell we could write a book. :lol:
How does one guy making an allegation, supported by another bring about a mass resignation? It smacks of the board agreeing they don't need to drag their names through the mud and this is a way of avoiding it- resign, appoint a board of people of Asian origin and hope there are no repercussions and avoid a long drawn out Truth and Recociliation scenario. Totally naive, in my opinion. People don't let this go, they've got trouble coming either way.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:47 pm
Why is that the good part? Surely people need to hear what has been alleged, then it needs to be proven. The onus is on proving guilt, not innocence.
I'm not disputing there's probably some smoke, but this smacks of people running away in terror when someone plays a race card, an LBGPQTRZ card, a transgender card or whatever other card.
I doubt that en masse they were actively discriminating against anyone, and in light of recent events I would think it was something historic. Nobody disputes thst subtle and not so subtle racism exists everywhere, hell we could write a book. :lol:
How does one guy making an allegation, supported by another bring about a mass resignation? It smacks of the board agreeing they don't need to drag their names through the mud and this is a way of avoiding it- resign, appoint a board of people of Asian origin and hope there are no repercussions and avoid a long drawn out Truth and Recociliation scenario. Totally naive, in my opinion. People don't let this go, they've got trouble coming either way.
Seems to be already proven. There was an investigation by an independent board. A mass resignation sounds like something you do if you don't want to risk further exposure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

The scale of it sounds pretty bad tbf. Sounds worse and much wider than the Yorkshire thing.

Hard for us to contextualise it because we just don't have the same environment here where we expect standards and governance and stuff. In the UK context; not having a proper complaints process, not having board accountability, having cover-ups, not being above board on diversity etc is obviously very serious. There's so much governance oversight and different regulatory bodies and scrutiny in sport. In this case the racism itself is bad but it's even worse that it was able to happen and that the board so woefully underperformed.

It's a different world.
Last edited by secretzimbo on Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

sam_ahm wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:10 pm
Well at least the team appears to be bonding well SZ, we haven't seen any instances of white players accusing of discrimination, and the players seem to be very supportive of each other, they have appointed Ervine and Williams as their captains, BT was the captain no so long ago. Dave, Streak, Klusener have been / are national coaches. So at least on that front they aren't doing that bad.
The window-dressing is working!

Googly

Post by Googly »

:lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:56 pm
The scale of it sounds pretty bad tbf. Sounds worse and much wider than the Yorkshire thing.

Hard for us to contextualise it because we just don't have the same environment here where we expect standards and governance and stuff. In the UK context; not having a proper complaints process, not having board accountability, having cover-ups, not being above board on diversity etc is obviously very serious. There's so much governance oversight and different regulatory bodies and scrutiny in sport. In this case the racism itself is bad but it's even worse that it was able to happen and that the board so woefully underperformed.

It's a different world.
100%. Here it's mafia business

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:04 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
:D I thought you'd say that! Obviously we are non locals so we would not understand the reality there, much like you wouldn't understand the problems here.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

sam_ahm wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:51 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:04 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
:D I thought you'd say that! Obviously we are non locals so we would not understand the reality there, much like you wouldn't understand the problems here.

Tbf things are (relatively) harmonious at the moment and it is genuinely really good that high profile whites are back in the system and that people have regained some faith in ZC. They are good signs for sure!
The problem is it is (literally) only skin deep. The minute the team has a bad run of results it will be interesting.

Actually the bigger worry is the national elections next year. It’s going to be messy, and race and racism could feature prominently when things get messy and certain people/parties get desperate.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I see the Mackay board are getting roasted for resigning and fleeing. :lol:
These news reporters are a joke the world over. They cite 500 odd allegations of racism yet don't describe one of them. Well they do cite one, below. Readers are fascinated by this and would willingly read all 500 cases in morbid fascination to decide for themselves, plus to see if they had ever said or done anything that would make the list.
McHaq was supposedly sent home for claiming it was tough being the minority :lol:. Welcome to our world you spineless weasel :lol: I'm assuming that unless you establish a weasel is in the minority you can safely say that? Unless I can be done for inferring the weasel is brown, but I'm talking about the brown weasel with the white chest with the black tipped tail, just to clarify.

Then there's apparently 31 tests for racism :lol: :lol:
Please can someone find these and post them. I want to sit the test online alongside our board members and admin staff. I'm guaranteeing 100% failure rate but I'll come out a bit shinier. Is racism an all or nothing thing? Can you be a little bit racist? Jesus wouldn't pass a racism test :lol:
How many does a Board have to fail before they're obliged to resign? 1? 51%? What's the number? Who sets the questions? :lol: who made them sit the test? :lol: ICC needs to make this mandatory for all cricket boards :lol:
I like their maths as well-
40% have to be male
40% female
25% not white.
Someone didn't go to school.
Well the transgender cricketers, supporters and anyother transgender confused puppy that is currently growing some tits and contemplating cutting his penis off will be seriously pissed at that. Just those 3 statements are racist, homophobic, transphobic, why they're Greased Lighting!!