How has your association with ZCF helped you?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: How has your association with ZCF helped you?

Post by jaybro »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:51 pm

They also said that whites wouldn’t be attacked after apartheid finished.
In 1980, Mugabe told the white community they would be looked after.
Well, you know 50 years ago gay marriage was unimaginable. What’s the next 50 Going to bring?

Btw, guess how many paedophiles are gay as a percentage ?
Zim politics and Gay marriage don't really compare though do they??

I'm not sure on the stats of who is a pedo or who isn't, but as the catholic church has shown us nobody can be trusted
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

hhm's theory is that an all-African Springbok team would be unstoppable because black people are always better at sport than whites. The white players are holding them back apparently.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

do swimming or weightlifting count as sports?

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:08 pm
My boss tried to convince me if we voted to allow gay marriage here in Oz it would be a gateway for people trying marry goats.

So far there hasn’t been any attempts to marry a goat here as far as I know
There's always those that take the arguement to a level that makes no sense. When we listen to these people, we fail to see the other issues.
eugene wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:19 am
hhm's theory is that an all-African Springbok team would be unstoppable because black people are always better at sport than whites. The white players are holding them back apparently.
That all African Bafana Bafana are truly ripping through the world of football. The damn whites of Rugby could only win the world cup, 3 times. Such idiots. They should take a book out of Bafana, then they might do better.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

eugene wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:19 am
Should we expect anything different from him?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Different body shapes.

Black propel tend to have faster twitch fibres soon they are faster runners.

White people tend to be stockier and barrel chested and better upper body strength. Good for weightlifting and swimming.

It’s why black people dominate Olympic sprinting and Scandinavia dominates strongman contests.

So in a way the springboks do have the racial moneyball happening with the black wingers and whites props.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:54 pm
I'm not sure on the stats of who is a pedo or who isn't, but as the catholic church has shown us nobody can be trusted
Gay paedophiles infiltrating an organisation that they can get access to young boys.

People criticise the church (btw it’s not limited to the Catholic Church) but I am amazed how the gay community has not taken any of the hits here. Shows how protected they are with big business and the media.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Right, attempting to get this back on track...

As I have already said, these are the ways in which ZCF has helped me so far:

1. Meeting a couple of like-minded Zimbabwe cricket fans and having a nostalgia about the good old times.
2. Improving my coherent English writing skills

Adding further...

3. An inspiration to write a book on a fan's view of Zimbabwe Cricket over the years. I did float the idea here, but it could not be materialized as the blow of not qualifying to the world cup really hurt very badly. The excitement just fizzled out at that point. Also got busy with work. But the great support and suggestions received at the time I floated the idea was so wonderful. May be we can make it happen some other time...

4. Getting to know the faces of so many cricket names I had only come across in score boards, thanks to the photo quiz thread we started. Figuring out how a Wayne James, a Neeten Chouhan, a Kingsley Went or a Freedom Takarusenga looked was great thrill! And getting to know about their families in some cases and what their kids are up to now etc. (like Traicos' daughters). Wonderful journey! Thanks to other primary contributors to that thread, foreignfield and zimfan1

5. There are more, will list them as i recollect them...

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:12 pm
My genuine question to you Kriterion,
Would you be this accepting if this stuff was happening to Bangladesh only instead?
Genuine Q.
Nice deflection, but to humor you, I'll bite.

Bangladesh has many far greater concerns than one single instance of potential child abuse. I will even go ahead and name some of them for you:

1) Climate change. As the sea levels rise gradually, much of Bangladesh will be underwater for much of the year, rendering life impossible. Other parts of Bangladesh will find human habitation greatly diminished. Bangladesh is is 1/6th the size of Texas, but has 6 times the population. Doing the math, this means big trouble.

2) Water. Bangladesh has an immensely strained potable water supply. Much of the water has dangerous levels of arsenic in it.

3) Liveablity. Dhaka, the capital city routinely ranks as amongst the worst or least livable cities one the planet. Even worse than Harare, to my knowledge.

4) Crime and violent crime.

5) Rohingya refugees. Bangladesh now houses more than 1 million Burmese Muslim refugees who fled ethnic cleansing and genocide at the hands of majority Buddhist population. For a poor country like Bangladesh this is an immense burden and a strain. This will pose all sorts of problems in the coming years. Additional refugees may flee in the coming years from Burma or India.

Notice how LGBTQ or transgender does not feature anywhere on this list. If two gay guys want to marry, how does that affect any straight person in Bangladesh? Whether they marry or not, they are still going to be fucking, so whats the big deal?

Just for the record, I'm not pro-gay marriage. I'm just not anti...its no business of mine. The only conceivable way it might be my business is if it was a public health issue in any way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:21 pm

I'm all for equal rights and all that, but Zimdoggy has a point tbf
Then you are not for equal rights or all that. That would be akin to a German dude from the 1930s saying "I'm all for Jews, but that Hitler guy has a point".

Equal rights means everyone, including and especially minorities, get the same privileges as the majority. If someone argues that they "have no problem with gays/blacks/hispanics/Muslims but you have to agree that gays/blacks/hispanics/Muslims are the source of all of societies problems, then they don't believe in equal rights.

Would you tell your wife or girlfriend "I believe women are equal to men, but women working are the reason why so many kids are doing drugs?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)