Alistair Campbell Interview

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: Alistair Campbell Interview

Post by zimbos_05 »

TapsC wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:51 am

Let me put it this way. I don't believe everything is their fault like you do. There are places I think they did ok. I don't see the likes of Chingoka sacrificing to bring back Jarvis and Taylor for that kind of money or hosting the qualifier (unlike the world cup the qualifier didn't bring much money in). I don't know if they would have pulled off the ZAMCO deal. They fired Esther Lupepe who has hands were dirty. The level of incompetence between 2005 and 2014 was shocking. It could have been far worse. That's how I look at it.

Change will come by understanding the election process, who votes and what they want. You will remember Mukuhlani pulled off a spectacular coup to get there in the first with his challenge only coming in the morning and catching Manase off guard. If you want change you first have to identify a board member who can be a transitional proxy. Identify more board members who you can turn. A lot of them don't care much about who is in charge.

Rainsford would have been the perfect inside man but he acted without thinking it through. It doesn't matter who the chairman is. Most board chairmen are not cricket people. What you need
Is a competent MD and FD and coaching staff. So a proxy chairman can work.

Nobody seems to want to challenge them outright so I guess it can only be from the inside.
When then whose fault is it? Surely you want your best players to play for the side and you do everything you can (within reason) to get them. If ZC offered too much, that's ZCs fault. It shouldn't always come back to BT and Jarvis though because without them, we would have lost some really terrible games.

We have dropped in the rankings. Have no domestic comp or money. We are losing players (need I remind you that of those making an impact at the moment in international comps) at an alarming rate. We are not giving players that should be given a chance a go. We are an after thought to the rest of the cricketing world, when once we were a emerging force causing serious problems. How much worse do you want it to get before it's accepted to be bad?

So effectively what you are saying, is buy off those who make the votes and you effect change.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:53 am
Show me the report that proves Mukuhlani himself personally stole. I want to see it. The internet doesnt forget
As I said from what I know I'm confident in believing they've mis-used funds

https://www.herald.co.zw/zc-misused-icc-loan/

That's the article I was talking about

In fairness the main accusation from the forum members is that the game is run poorly which you can't deny, your only comeback to that is that there's no one who can do it better, yet when DEB & Hogg came in to do it Muhkalani fought tooth and nail to hold on. That in itself is a sign to me that these guys know it's too good of a gig to give up despite you suggesting they might walk away because there's no money anyways which is laughable.

In the end of the day these guys who have been running the game for the last two decades, whether it being under Chingoka or Muhkalani they've done a shit house job and the only defence you got tis to deflect blame on Campbell, funnily enough Frank Zolsky does the same thing when people hammer the board on twitter.

Makoni has been proven to be racist by many people and on many occasions, the time he wanted to dig the pitch up because Matsi was getting dropped or when he vetoed Alan Butcher & Wayne James during a selection meeting when they wanted to drop Utseya. Yet he has been involved in ZC for ever and has held many different important positions and now is earning top money

You seem like a smart fella so I don't know why you want to defend these guys at every chance
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

If I have to summarise this argument.

TapsC wants to bring change slowly from within.
Others collectively want to revolutionise change from the outset.

Surprised on so much arguing from that.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

When are next elections ?

Taht could be a good window to effect changes needed.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I read the AC interview in full. He seems like the kind of guy who does want whats best, but is very careful to make sure he looks after AC first. He speaks a lot of sense about how the general game of cricket is developing, which says a lot about the ICC and how incompetent they are. To be fair, they look out for the top 3 and just keep the others as kind of a way of saying they are actually doing something.

He has a point in the two-faced attitude of the ICC.
Now [the ICC ban has] been lifted but there was six months of nothing going on in Zimbabwe. No salaries, no cricket. Crazy, crazy, crazy that in this day and age you can't intervene and say, "Hold on guys, you can't do it this way."
This so much too. How can anyone sit back and continue to allow such incompetence from ZC. After the ban was lifted, 6 months of nothing. DEB and Hogg had a domestic season plan ready after a few weeks. It just baffles that they get away with so much shithousery and the rest of the cricketing world does not care.
Once upon a time the ICC had a Test grant [Test match fund], I think it was $10 million [over eight years], that they put aside for subsidising Test matches for the "lesser" nations. To help them out, because it's costly to host a Test match. They've withdrawn that now and said, "No, you guys should be able to make your own plan."
This stood out for me because it basically sums up how the ICC don't really care about anyone outside the top 3.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:33 pm
I read the AC interview in full. He seems like the kind of guy who does want whats best, but is very careful to make sure he looks after AC first
That's AC summed up perfectly in one sentence in my opinion.